ReaperClark

Not in Catalog [NICed]

27 posts in this topic

Lot of good stuff in there that I don't remember seeing the first time around.

Lot of good stuff in there that I don't remember seeing the first time around.

What Inarah said

Either this thread should be pinned, or NIC'd pdfs should become a regular part of the main Reaper site.

~v

I agree. I would find this very usefull to look at. There are alot of miniatures in the NIC that I would still purchase.

BTW, what makes a minitiature become Out Of Production? Is this based on sales or just a general lack of interest in the miniature all together?

One thing to note for anyone not familiar with how Reaper defines NIC'ed models.

When they say a model is on the NIC list, it means that those models are no longer in general distribution (i.e. no longer being shipped out to stores).

But, as far as I know ALL models are still available for purchase thru Reaper directly, even models on the NIC list.

So, for example if you see a model from Warlord that is on the list, you can still purchase said model direct from Reaper, or you can purchase a different model and proxy.

It is my understanding that OOP only happens under one of two circumstances:

1) Reaper no longer has the license for the figures-ie Legend of the 5 Rings, DOOM, Exalted

2) Reaper has produced a limited edition model such as reapercon Sophie or the ones they do for charity like Echidnox and the specified time for the figure is up.

1 person likes this

...what makes a miniature become Out Of Production?

The only models that are OOPed are, like cutebutpsycho said, out of licensing or a limited edition. When paint dies, it is OOP as we don't keep old colors in stock anymore once they have sold through.

That is why the term NICed was coined. Retailers and individuals can get almost anything we have ever made directly from us. What is displayed in our catalog is what distribution has access to. That way they only have to carry about 500 SKU from a line and not 1400+.

Now, what makes it go NICed?

Dollars and inventory turns.

It is all based from how many we sell measured against how much it made the previous year. Nothing less than a year old gets cut.

We have a vote in and vote out override for some models. If one of us [that is involved with making the decisions] really wants a "bad" model to stay in we can vote it in... or conversely, out.

We have a vote in and vote out override for some models.

I think that covers such cases.

~v

Astral Mauler?
My understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, Reaper doesn't produce this bad boy because it was extremely costly to make, kept tearing apart molds as it was being cast.
It certainly looks like it would shred it's mold.

a little threadnomancy, it almost made it 18 months, just a little shy.

Lol, now I have to make a spread sheet of all the minis I want from that list.

Ah. Just in time for ReaperCon, 2012...