Not in Catalog [NICed]
Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:55 AM
Download it here...
- Joe the Revelator likes this
Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:25 PM
"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder
Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:03 PM
What Inarah said
Lot of good stuff in there that I don't remember seeing the first time around.
They [machines] cannot commune with God. Official Fieldarchy fanboy!
Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:38 AM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:51 AM
BTW, what makes a minitiature become Out Of Production? Is this based on sales or just a general lack of interest in the miniature all together?
2012 Painted Mini Status
Reaper Miniatures: 3
Games Workshop: 0
Wall of shame: Too Many
Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:26 AM
When they say a model is on the NIC list, it means that those models are no longer in general distribution (i.e. no longer being shipped out to stores).
But, as far as I know ALL models are still available for purchase thru Reaper directly, even models on the NIC list.
So, for example if you see a model from Warlord that is on the list, you can still purchase said model direct from Reaper, or you can purchase a different model and proxy.
My CMON gallery
Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:46 AM
1) Reaper no longer has the license for the figures-ie Legend of the 5 Rings, DOOM, Exalted
2) Reaper has produced a limited edition model such as reapercon Sophie or the ones they do for charity like Echidnox and the specified time for the figure is up.
- Joe the Revelator likes this
Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:19 PM
The only models that are OOPed are, like cutebutpsycho said, out of licensing or a limited edition. When paint dies, it is OOP as we don't keep old colors in stock anymore once they have sold through.
...what makes a miniature become Out Of Production?
That is why the term NICed was coined. Retailers and individuals can get almost anything we have ever made directly from us. What is displayed in our catalog is what distribution has access to. That way they only have to carry about 500 SKU from a line and not 1400+.
Now, what makes it go NICed?
Dollars and inventory turns.
It is all based from how many we sell measured against how much it made the previous year. Nothing less than a year old gets cut.
We have a vote in and vote out override for some models. If one of us [that is involved with making the decisions] really wants a "bad" model to stay in we can vote it in... or conversely, out.
Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:56 PM
It certainly looks like it would shred it's mold.
My understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, Reaper doesn't produce this bad boy because it was extremely costly to make, kept tearing apart molds as it was being cast.
"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver
Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:41 PM
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads
Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:27 PM
Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:30 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users