Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dude

Mindflayer

8 posts in this topic

Christmas present for our GM that was taking us through the underdark series in our HackMaster campaign.

Dude. It's called a mindflayer. (I'm assuming that mindflayer is a copywrited or trademarked name?)

Again, the only modification needed was a new base.

MFlayer.jpg

MFlayer2.jpg

mind.bmp

mind2.bmp

It's called a mindflayer. (I'm assuming that mindflayer is a copywrited or trademarked name?)

Yes, as are a number of other names from the Monster Manual, Fiend Folio, etc. Plus some character races from the newer editions.

Very colorful interpretation on this one. I painted mine much more dark and evil looking.

Hey, he looks awfully familiar...

(that line won't make sense anymore if I ever change my avatar)

Nice job. Always glad to see another one of these guys painted up. I had fun painting this guy too. Less fun sealing him, but that's another story.

Yeah, there are a bunch of D&D monsters that have copyrighted names. Here at Reaper you'll find bathalians (not illithids/mind flayers), phase cats (not displacer beasts), and various other familiar-looking but not familiar-sounding creatures. For some reason though, they don't make tailless dragon people with hair-scales (D&D4e too new maybe? Oh well, I still prefer 3.5 anyhow...)

Not that familiar with Hackmaster - is it a copy of an older D&D edition? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. If so, that possibly has something to do with why they're allowed to use that name for everyone's favourite tentacle-faced brain eaters while nobody else outside D&D can.

I wish my players would give me minis. I'd even take them unpainted... :o)

Kang

For some reason though, they don't make tailless dragon people with hair-scales

I beg to differ. Much closer than those, and it's asking for a lawsuit.

~v

Oops! I stand corrected.

Thanks for the links,

Kang

Nice didn't even notice the 3463 one coming out this month until I clicked that link.

RM

My miniatures obsession is probably not at a healthy level... :;):

~v