Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde OOC

I'm sure we can find room for you. Have you gotten the downloaded Core Rules yet? We're at the making-up-characters point now, and I hope to have the game started in about two weeks.

Do we have to start at 1st level? Not that I mind 1st level so much as clerics don't get any spells to start with. What are our chances for advancement like? I'd like to play a cleric if I can expect to level up and be able to provide healing within some kind of reasonable game timeframe.

If this goes anything like our F2F games have, you'll move through 1st level pretty quick. Though I can see your point. Maybe letting you come in at 2nd isn't such a bad idea. The others will catch up quick enough.

Sound alright to you?

As for hit dice, I think we all should get max hit points to start with..and when it comes time to level up, I'll offer the same deal Garish does. You can either chance the die roll OR take n automatic half-amout rounded up. (So if your HD is 1d6+1 you could opt for an automatic 4.)

I'm sure we can find room for you. Have you gotten the downloaded Core Rules yet? We're at the making-up-characters point now, and I hope to have the game started in about two weeks.

Started looking through the rules tonight. Will roll up an Elven adventurer ( archer ) and get familiar with the spells.

Thanks for the invite!

I debated asking to be Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light! but thought better of it...

let see high Strength--more damage, high Con, more HPs

I'M SET!!! ha ha

again, making up the dumb as a brick fighter for this one.

When you want them in?

The sooner the better..still shooting for a start-date of Jan 15.

Now I just need to find 0e stats for the tarrasque and.... oops..told too much :D

Tis better to die gloriously in an RPG than it is to have played Sweet Valley High (It's a girl thing...ask your little sister)

I have no sisters (nor brothers) but sadly I think I've heard of SVH----aghhhhhh

RM

Not that he would ever have lasted that long, but being limited to 7th level spells seemed sad for a magic-user...so made a fighter instead.

Arkos Teryn

Human Fighting-man

STR 13

WIS 8

INT 10

CON 12

DEX 10

CHA 9

+1 to hit, 1d8+1/2 damage

AC 13

Hp 8

saving throw 16

XP bonus 5%

Equipment – ring mail (40), bastard sword (10), backpack (10), bedroll, crowbar, flint and steel, hammer, 50 ft. hemp rope, 10 iron spikes, signal whistle, waterskin, 2 pieces of chalk, 8 torches, 3 days dried rations, 3 small sacks (45 lbs capacity)

Currency: 2 gp

Starting gold 60

Current currency: 0 gp

As much awesome fun as playing in a game you DM sounds, Spike, I think I'm going to have to kill Pecos Jack early for this one and bow out. =/

Free time isn't as abundant as it has been, lately, and I'm having trouble finding the time to learn a new system. (Plus I still have to finish my mini for that exchange! cuttin it close, I am!)

Just call him "Chu Toi"

charisma 9

Intelligence 13

Strength 12

Wisdom 8

Constitution 9

Dexterity 11

14 HP

160 gp starting cash

Chain AC 4

Long Bow

40 Arrows

50' hemp rope

Grappling hook

flint/steel

crowbar

4 flasks

Chalk

waterskin

Dagger

Hand Axe

Cool! i've got a virtually uncommitted weekend ahead of me, so I can spend the next few days getting the character sheets all transcribed, finishing out the dungeon, and adding a few extra bits of random chrome to the game setting.

For what it's worth, in MY pseudo-middle-ages-european type settings, though the pseudo-New-World has not yet been discovered, denizens of Spike's Olde Worlde still have access to good Colombian-esque coffee. Anything less would just make me seem like a cruel dungeonmaster.

denizens of Spike's Olde Worlde still have access to good Colombian-esque coffee. Anything less would just make me seem like a cruel dungeonmaster.

starbucks for rpg's? "Spike's Olde Worldes: This ain't your parent's RPG any more!"