Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde OOC

I'll get a post up later today, I'm back on nights/graveyard for the time being & it kinda messin up my daily schedule these days. I'll also buy the rest of my equipment & post in on my 'character sheet' as well.

I promise we won't be at the tavern forever. At this point Orcsoul is going to be on hold til Saturday..but tonight I'll have a post up so you all can get started hiring hirelings. I think also Randy needs to add a few more pieces of equipment to his list.

For that matter, there will be the chance for any of the rest of you to pick up extra stuff before you enter the dungeon...which I promise we'll be getting to as quick as possible.

BTW for those who wondered, the cheese isn't donkey-cheese.

It's head cheese?

nasty!

working on my post now + just need to post my equipment as well, sorry about the delay.

Allrighty! Here's your hirelings....what can be readily observed about each. All appear to be humans of the average type.

struckthrough characters are already taken

(# - weapon / armor type)

1 - Axe / Chain

2 - Axe / Leather

3 - Axe / Leather

4 - spear / Leather

5 - Axe / Ring

6 - Spear / Leather

7 - Axe / Leather

8 - Axe / Leather

9 - Axe / Leather

10-Bow, 20 Arrows / Leather

11-Spear / Leather

12-Mace / Leather

13-Spear / Leather

14-Mace / Leather

15-Spear / Leather

16-Sword / Leather

17-Spear / Leather

18-Spear / Leather

19-Sword / Leather

20-Spear / Leather

21-Axe / Leather

22-Mace / Leather

23-Dagger / Unarmoured

24-Dagger / Unarmoured (Green cloak and staff)

Pick the ones you would like to be yours and post them (by #number) here in the OOC so whoever comes behind you will know who's already taken (Wow..kind of like prom, but not). Like I said in the game topic, the character becomes yours. He/she still only has NPC stats, but you decide what he does..and you get to name him too. (Lazy DM imagination tonight too lazy to even find random-name generator online)

So... hirelings... how does this work? We pick 3 or 4 and our party of 20 goes into the dungeon? I have never played in a D&D game that used hirelings. Are we really going to need extra PCs?

Vance: 14-Mace / Leather

Kage: 23-Dagger / Unarmoured

Krrflmp: 24-Dagger / Unarmoured (Green cloak and staff)

And with that, I'm not officially out of town until Saturday some time.

@ Inarah..that's pretty much how it goes. You don't have to take your maximum, especially since we're already a party of 5 PCs, but as low-level PCs you will likely need a bit of backup should you get into trouble or have one or more seriously wounded PCs to protect. Hirelings are also excellent for hauling treasure or serving as torchbearers.

Bear in mind also that these guys are even lower level than you guys..so chances are there will be losses.

And finally, think of your hirelings as your backup character in the unfortunate (but quite possible) event your PC should become dead.

As for what your hirelings get paid...that depends on what you're expecting them to do once the adventuring begins. As PCs you'd probably already know that the going rate for a torchbearer who doesn't even have to fight is 1 gold piece per day. If he has to risk his life, he might ask for as much as 5 gp per day depending on how skilled he thinks he is.

Regarding XP, hirelings will advance too, but at a slower rate than PCs. Even though the party's treasure isn't being doled out by shares to the hirelings, they will take some share of the XP from the PCs. I'm still working out the math of it, but at this point the share of XP they get will likely be one-sixth of the party's total XP to be shared among however-many there are. (Think of them as the sixth guy on the landing party :D )

@ Orcsoul

Request noted..list to be edited as soon as I finish this post.

Also I'm guessing Krrflmp is a Welsh name? :lol:

OK, then

2 - Axe / Leather

4 - spear / Leather

5 - Axe / Ring

12-Mace / Leather

I'll come up with names later.

If my count is right 18, 20, 21, 22 are still available.

A couple spear, an axe, and a mace.

I've never played with henchmen either.

Well, there was that one time I had a war dog. He sat on the throne and a spell made him smarter than me. Never could get him to go anywhere dangerous after that...

Since I'm no ranged person, #10 for me!

that & he probably the only that Brag can tolerate, he will be named Bob!

*nudges Randy*

10-the-archer is a young woman...though she thinks she's fooling anybody. :D I'll update the list and get things moving tonight after dinner.

ok fine, her name is Bill then

:huh: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shayla it is