• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Ok, chaos update time. So, I have worked on the armour a bit, decided to go with gold for the emblems. I think I need to do red on the lower portion of his chest piece as well- any thoughts? Still a lot of work to do.

MacDeath 001.jpg
MacDeath 002.jpg
MacDeath 003.jpg

#17 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

A little more done on MacDeath. I did one half of the robes, though I think I will give it another highlight. Also, started working the metals up a little, they still need some attention. I also put a basecoat of brown on the horse, though once I did I started to think I should keep it black, any thoughts?

Chaos Lord 002.jpg
Chaos Lord 001.jpg

#18 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

Ok folks, I think I am very close to finishing this one (by very, I mean he still needs a lot of touchups here and there)... so, what I need from you is last minute advice, I really want this guy to be above average. My intent is to, fingers crossed, have him done before Sunday and I will change the WOC army with the Dwarfs on display at Games Parlour.

To start, I will list the things that I think still need to be done, and PLEASE, tell me what you would suggest to make him better.

1)Finish base
2)More highlights on the horse robe red? Maybe two more.
3)Bone and horn work, two maybe three highlights.
4)Gold - one or two more highlights.
5)Silver - one more highlight on the extreme edges
6)Hooves - still need to be done
7) Leather - only basecoated, needs to be finished.
8) Cloak - another highlight on the front, maybe a wash of purple? Hair side needs highlighting and some washes I think.
9) Horse color - do I need to do more? Are the highlights on his rump too extreme?

Need your help folks, so please dig into to me even with the smallest details. Thanks, MK.

MacDeath Front.jpg
MacDeath Left.jpg
MacDeath Right.jpg
MacDeath Back.jpg

#19 Mercius

Mercius

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Simply amazing.

#20 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

Ok, last chance for nitpicks with this guy. I think he is pretty close, but I also want to make sure that he has that WOW effect. Please let me know any little thing that you would do to give him that extra finesse. Thanks.

MacDeath 1.jpg
MacDeath 2.jpg
MacDeath 3.jpg
MacDeath 4.jpg
MacDeath 5.jpg

#21 Mercius

Mercius

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

no nitpicks from me...love it!

#22 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

If you're forcing me to nitpick... I'd bring up the highlights on the metal and the skulls just a little bit more. Right now everything's fairly dark -- which suits the figure just fine! -- and the different materials are tough to tell apart at first glance. Adding some really tight highlights to the highest points on the metal bits, and the foreheads and cheekbones of the skulls, would add some more contrast and make those details easier to pick out at first glance.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#23 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Ok, I am going to call him done now. I don't feel as if the pictures are doing him justice, but these are the best I was able to get. Thank you all for the help along the way.

Vote at CMON: MacDeath

MacDeath 2.jpg
MacDeath 3.jpg
MacDeath 4.jpg
MacDeath 5.jpg
MacDeath 1.jpg

Mercius: Thanks.

Ferox: Thanks for the advice, hopefully I did him justice. Brought the bone bits up to white, the metal up a bit more, and a few other things. Thanks again.

#24 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

With MacDeath done, that brings the army up to 500 points, so here are some pics of the army as it is now.

Vote at CMON: 500 point Mortals of Chaos Army

500 Point Mortals of Chaos Full.jpg
500 Point Mortals of Chaos upper.jpg
500 Point Mortals of Chaos Lower.jpg

So, whats next. Well, to bring us to 1000 points I will add:

Festus the Leechlord (Sorcerer)
3 Chaos Ogres
10 Marauders (to supplement Kurgans Bastards)

#25 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ok, I finally broke down and bought photoshop to help achieve clearer pictures. I feel that this is one of the major problems for me to show an accurate replication of the miniatures.

So, please, let me know what you think by comparing them with the previous pics. If the are much better, then I will likely re-do the CMON postings.

Also, can anyone tell me how to create a singular collection of multiple pics? I.E. I want a few different photos on the same picture. I have been playing with the program a bit but haven't quite figured it out.

MacDeath Face Close up.jpg MacDeath Lava Armour.jpg
MacDeath Side.jpg
MacDeath Front.jpg
MacDeath Back.jpg

#26 JimL

JimL

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Great finished product. Amazing amount of work you put into this, very impressive.
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer!
These guys rock, check them out! http://www.halestormrocks.com/

#27 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just a quick snapshot of what I have been working on since the last update... long ago.

I finally got the third rank of marauders pinned into place and ready for primer.

Marauders.jpg

Also, I painted some gargoyles for this army when I first started it... back when the chaos books were interchangeable (beasts, demons, mortals... could all use choices from each book)... I am thinking of adding them back into this army because they fit... just not rules wise. Any objections?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users