• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Ok, chaos update time. So, I have worked on the armour a bit, decided to go with gold for the emblems. I think I need to do red on the lower portion of his chest piece as well- any thoughts? Still a lot of work to do.

Edited by mousekiller, 21 March 2016 - 11:23 PM.

#17 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

A little more done on MacDeath. I did one half of the robes, though I think I will give it another highlight. Also, started working the metals up a little, they still need some attention. I also put a basecoat of brown on the horse, though once I did I started to think I should keep it black, any thoughts?

#18 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

Ok folks, I think I am very close to finishing this one (by very, I mean he still needs a lot of touchups here and there)... so, what I need from you is last minute advice, I really want this guy to be above average. My intent is to, fingers crossed, have him done before Sunday and I will change the WOC army with the Dwarfs on display at Games Parlour.

To start, I will list the things that I think still need to be done, and PLEASE, tell me what you would suggest to make him better.

1)Finish base
2)More highlights on the horse robe red? Maybe two more.
3)Bone and horn work, two maybe three highlights.
4)Gold - one or two more highlights.
5)Silver - one more highlight on the extreme edges
6)Hooves - still need to be done
7) Leather - only basecoated, needs to be finished.
8) Cloak - another highlight on the front, maybe a wash of purple? Hair side needs highlighting and some washes I think.
9) Horse color - do I need to do more? Are the highlights on his rump too extreme?

Need your help folks, so please dig into to me even with the smallest details. Thanks, MK.

#19 Mercius

Mercius

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Simply amazing.

#20 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

Ok, last chance for nitpicks with this guy. I think he is pretty close, but I also want to make sure that he has that WOW effect. Please let me know any little thing that you would do to give him that extra finesse. Thanks.

Edited by mousekiller, 21 March 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#21 Mercius

Mercius

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

no nitpicks from me...love it!

#22 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

If you're forcing me to nitpick... I'd bring up the highlights on the metal and the skulls just a little bit more. Right now everything's fairly dark -- which suits the figure just fine! -- and the different materials are tough to tell apart at first glance. Adding some really tight highlights to the highest points on the metal bits, and the foreheads and cheekbones of the skulls, would add some more contrast and make those details easier to pick out at first glance.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#23 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Ok, I am going to call him done now. I don't feel as if the pictures are doing him justice, but these are the best I was able to get. Thank you all for the help along the way.

Vote at CMON: MacDeath

MacDeath 2.jpg
MacDeath 3.jpg
MacDeath 4.jpg
MacDeath 5.jpg
MacDeath 1.jpg

Mercius: Thanks.

Ferox: Thanks for the advice, hopefully I did him justice. Brought the bone bits up to white, the metal up a bit more, and a few other things. Thanks again.
  • Chaoswolf and Xherman1964 like this

#24 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

With MacDeath done, that brings the army up to 500 points, so here are some pics of the army as it is now.

Vote at CMON: 500 point Mortals of Chaos Army

500 Point Mortals of Chaos Full.jpg
500 Point Mortals of Chaos upper.jpg
500 Point Mortals of Chaos Lower.jpg

So, whats next. Well, to bring us to 1000 points I will add:

Festus the Leechlord (Sorcerer)
3 Chaos Ogres
10 Marauders (to supplement Kurgans Bastards)

#25 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ok, I finally broke down and bought photoshop to help achieve clearer pictures. I feel that this is one of the major problems for me to show an accurate replication of the miniatures.

So, please, let me know what you think by comparing them with the previous pics. If the are much better, then I will likely re-do the CMON postings.

Also, can anyone tell me how to create a singular collection of multiple pics? I.E. I want a few different photos on the same picture. I have been playing with the program a bit but haven't quite figured it out.

MacDeath Face Close up.jpg MacDeath Lava Armour.jpg
MacDeath Side.jpg
MacDeath Front.jpg
MacDeath Back.jpg

#26 JimL

JimL

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Great finished product. Amazing amount of work you put into this, very impressive.
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer!
These guys rock, check them out! http://www.halestormrocks.com/

#27 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just a quick snapshot of what I have been working on since the last update... long ago.

I finally got the third rank of marauders pinned into place and ready for primer.

Marauders.jpg

Also, I painted some gargoyles for this army when I first started it... back when the chaos books were interchangeable (beasts, demons, mortals... could all use choices from each book)... I am thinking of adding them back into this army because they fit... just not rules wise. Any objections?
  • pcktlnt, Chaoswolf and Xherman1964 like this

#28 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

KURGAN BLOODCALLER

Kurgan Bloodcaller, worshipper of Khorne, breeder of dogs, and hoarder of harlots. Kurgan began life as a blacksmiths son in a small village on the outskirts of Erengrad, nearly one hundred and twenty years ago. His first twenty years of life were relatively sedentary, being apprenticed to his father. But, in the year 2420 a Goblin Warlord named Grom the Paunch poured across the north of the empire with a huge horde, the likes of which had not been seen. Kurgan immediately volunteered with the militia of Erengrad, feeling the call to war in his blood. Over the next two years, his prowess as a warrior earned him a promotions, and soon he led the bedraggled militias against the hordes. Wherever he went, victory followed, even when knights or regulars fled the unit known as the Sons of Kurgan stood tall. But into the second year of the war, something very strange began to happen; his rage in battle seemed to be relentless and would persist even after the fighting was done. He began to despise those around him as weaklings, particularly any unit that had fled from the enemy. But eventually, this became a commonality within his own unit as well. On a daily basis Kurgan could be found challenging those around him to personal combat, slaying all that accepted. This went on for months, until after another defeat to the goblin masses and an ordered retreat by the Lord Marshall of the Northern Forces, Kurgan found himself face to face with the commander. Challenging the man directly for his cowardice, the rage berserked Kurgan found himself surrounded by the Lord Marshalls personal guard, who began to beat him with the blunt end of their spears. The Lord Marshall then stepped forward and accepted the challenge from the now bruised and bloodied Kurgan, and defeated him. Dumping Kurgans body on the side of the road as the army continued its retreat.

“Wake, Kurgan” a voice in his head bellowed. “Your time in this world is not yet over. Wake, and go north. There you will find the challenges you deserve, and that are deserving of your blade.” And so Kurgan raised himself up, and without another thought began his trek to the Chaos Wasteland, to embrace his new master, Khorne. Upon his way he fought many battles, and destroyed many settlements, always taking either bone or woman as his prize. It was years later that Kurgan finally found a settlement in the far North, and soon began to gather the women he defeated to his harem and any female born were added to that number as well. With over 342 women in his Harem, the tribe has produced many male children as well, whom Kurgan refers to as his bastards.

Dressed in armour made from the bones of those he has slain, Kurgan knew that his purpose had been to breed MacDeath into life. Now, the true Bastards of Kurgan will ride to battle the likes of which they had never done..

Manufactured by: Reaper Miniatures Dark Heaven Model 02899 Death Knight
Sculpted by: Sylvain Quirion

Kurgan Back.JPG

Kurgan Front.JPG

Vote at CMON: Kurgan Bloodcaller
  • pcktlnt, aku-chan, Loth and 3 others like this

#29 Xherman1964

Xherman1964

God of Like-Bombing

• House Figmentius
  • 10674 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:33 AM

Sine GW blew up the old Warhammer world anyway...include demons and beast to your liking.

You don't play, so build the army as you like it.

It will look awesome.!

Love it so far!

• Chaoswolf likes this

Bacon: It's what's for Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Supper.

My Latest work: 

NOT - VAMPIRELLA

TUMA WINDRIDER

Latest Wip:

Street Violence

COUNTESS KARNSTEIN

House Figmentius
    colligo vivere in aeternum

bones3_sig1.jpg

#30 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1342 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

KURGAN'S BRED

These warhounds have been raised by Kurgan to be the fiercest, toughest, and most controllable animals in all the northland. Fed only human flesh since birth (mostly from the undesirable children and women of Kurgans Harem), these monstrosities are larger by far than any normal hound.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop and Privateer Press

Sculptors: Unknown.

Chaos Hounds 1.JPG

Chaos Hounds 2.JPG

Chaos Hounds 3.JPG

Chaos Hounds 4.JPG

Chaos Hounds 5.JPG

Chaos Hounds 6.JPG

Chaos Hounds 7.JPG

And to vote at CMON: KURGANS BRED

Edited by mousekiller, 22 April 2016 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users