Jump to content
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

(Chu-toi)

 

In your search, which seems quite thorough, you do not turn up any clues as to what happened to the stuff's previous owner. However, you can deduce that based on the condition of the pack and sheild, that the person either parted with them willingly or at least without any real struggle...or perhaps just laid them down and forgot to pick them back up again before moving on to his eventual fate.

 

(Brag)

 

You cast your dwarven gaze toward the northwest corner of the room, but detect no irregularities in the stonework or any other such wonderments of dwarven engeneering. You see the tallest trash heap, upon which is sitting a particularly cocky brown rat. You'll be much more likely to find that big red dragon of yours through the door on the east wall.

 

About fifteen minutes have passed since you all began the descent.

 

Somewhere, something probably smells human (and dwarven, and elven) blood.

 

(OOC to Inarah)

 

Your AC just went up by one.

 

(OOC to all players)

 

I'd like to use one of Steve's house-rules concerning shields. Not only does a shield increase your AC, but when you are in a combat and a creature lands a hit on you, before damage is declared, you can opt to let the sheld take one hit-die of damage, destroying it. Mind you this won't be much comfort when fighting a 6 HD monster, but for your low-level adventuring it could be a life-saver. We'll give this rule a try at least. It works pretty well in F2F games, but PbP can be a whole different animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd like to use one of Steve's house-rules concerning shields. Not only does a shield increase your AC, but when you are in a combat and a creature lands a hit on you, before damage is declared, you can opt to let the sheld take one hit-die of damage, destroying it. Mind you this won't be much comfort when fighting a 6 HD monster, but for your low-level adventuring it could be a life-saver. We'll give this rule a try at least. It works pretty well in F2F games, but PbP can be a whole different animal.

 

I agree on that ruling. Had I not used this during the RCON game, my fighter would have died during the final boss fight, doing so allowed him to strike the final blow a round or two later IIRC.

 

"Yes, I agree, let quick being garbarge pickers & fight some real critters. Onward!" & Brag moves toward the doors on the east wall, motion to Shayla to come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

The door is your ordinary heavy dungeon door. This one is hinged to open into the room you are in, and has been secured with a heavy wooden bar, likely a precaution of whoever has been using the room as a garbage dump.

 

A listen at the door (something you shouldn't forget to do says the helpful friendly dungeonmistress) does not give you cause to believe anything is on the other side. You also note that the door does not appear to be swollen from the underground dampness.

 

(OOC to all players)

 

Unless anybody says otherwise, I will presume you all are staying in the same marching order. I've made a marching-order posting in my Oldeworld blog that I'll update as needed.

 

Also I'll get the rest of the character sheets added tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chu looks at the door, one hand on his trusty cheese, and whispers "We should BRIE very careful"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No swelling...new door? Or it's not so damp on the other side...well, guess we won't find out unless we open it!"

 

Taryn moves to lift the heavy bar out of the way, though he expects to need help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The door swings open freely, revealing an eastward corridor 5' wide and 25' long

 

The hall turns left (northward) at the end, but five feet before the left turn there is an intersection with a hallway leading right (south)

 

The stone is just like what was in the room you were in..decently worked (for humans, that is), and dampish, but not drippy or mouldy. There is no light apart from the light of the party's torches.

 

(OOC)

 

Imagine the floor tiles are yellow smilies and the walls are the red ones (walls aren't actually devils in this corridor)

 

:devil::devil::devil::devil::rolleyes::devil:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::devil:

:devil::devil::devil::rolleyes::devil::devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make my way to the first passageway, stopping by the entrance & listening for any sounds of disturbance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn lights a torch and hands it to Ivan, so that the front of the group can see better.

 

He'll also listen at the first door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Brag)

 

You signal the others behind you to halt as you approach the first intersection to have a listen. You do not hear anything out of the ordinary, and begin to move forward.

 

(Taryn)

 

Seeing that all appears safe in the corridor, you press ahead of Kane to see what is around the corner.

 

(All PCs)

 

Once leaving the eastward corridor, the right (southward) passage turns out to be only a 5' long alcove ending in yet another solid oaken door at its southernmost end. Those at the front of the line all can tell that the door swings inward to the room beyond. There is no knowing if it is barred from the inside.

 

(Taryn)

 

You lean awkwardly over the dwarf's bald head to get a good listen at the oaken door. You cannot hear any noise coming from the other side of the door.

 

(All PCs)

 

Who wants to try to open the door? (First come-first serve) And how do the rest of you want to prepare yourselves for whatever might be inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn readies his sword (both hands free, so he's weilding two-handed for now), but leaves the opening for someone closer to the front of the group (though he sticks close to them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace waits behind the others. "You, Leo, stand by me. We will let the others rush in and then see what is left for us to clean up. Morath, hold the torch and watch our backs, we don't want anything coming up behind us unexpectedly. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for the people in front of him to open the door Chu Toi uses some of his lamp oil and begins nervously oiling his cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×