Jump to content
Spike

Spike's Olde Worlde RPG

Recommended Posts

Kane slowly moves off to the right side of the door attempting to blend in with the shadows after nodding his readiness as he draws his dagger and stabs a spider that got a little too curious.

 

[OOC]

Rolled 18 on my hide check... epic fail

[/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Taryn)

 

The door is stuck. Perhaps it is slightly swollen OR barred from inside. The door does not appear to be capable of being locked or unlocked from the outside.

 

(All PCs)

 

Do you want to bash it open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivan obediently steps to the corner for a look. Even in the light cast by Kage's torch, Ivan can see that the northward-turning corridor goes at least 30 feet. Beyond that he can only guess.

 

Almost immediately after the northward turn, there is another small 5' alcove terminating at its eastern end with an oaken door almost exactly like the one the party is currently facing.

 

Looking down the long northern corridor, one can see a second eastward-intersecting corridor about 25' away and immediately beyond that, a westward-intersecting corridor.

 

Surprisingly, there are no hostile creatures...... yet.

 

Anybody taking a look will see this

 

 

post-909-1265239610783.gif

 

 

(OOC)

 

Did I mention I am :wub: ING the new spoiler tag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, I say we try and break through this door." Unless anyone is opposed, Taryn will try to kick his way through the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brag will back up Taryn & help bash the door down if I can, if not I'll be right behind him ready to lop whatever's ugly mug off it's shoulders!!! :zombie:

 

Shaylyn, will have a arrow nocked ready to fire if it's hostile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mousy voice from the back:

 

"If it's orcs or anything like that, I suggest that if no one objects I could try to charm the biggest one. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps everyone could target the others for a minute, and we could see if my spell takes hold. I don't mean to intrude, sorry."

 

A tall, spindly man wearing blue robes is behind everyone, putting away a piece of parchment, quill pen, and ink. Another unassuming man in ring mail is behind him, carrying a halberd. This man has a long mustache that droops to his chest, and he looks pessimistic about the whole thing.

 

The man with the pointy hat says, "I am Paraphin, and this is Thirteen, my stalwart associate."

Thirteen nods unhappily.

 

(all that okay, Spike?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(@ Mythmere, I like that intro a lot :D )

 

(Taryn)

 

There seem to be no real objections to your plan. The others move back a step or two to give you room as you move to kick the door, but in mid-stride your door-kicking zen is interrupted by the mousy voice of a robed man from behind.

 

Being likely that he will not object either, you commence to kicking the door open.

 

And to overybody's relief, the room is void of hostile creatures.

 

Those at the front of the party will observe that it is a small square room measuring roughly 15' square. The door appears to be located in the center of the north wall. In the southeast corner there is one bulging tow sack with a few loose coins of various types spilling out.

 

It would all seem too easy, but the sound of splitting oak and shattering stone mortar has not gone unnoticed.

 

Ivan is the first to see them, though the smell of wet dog should be enough to alert everybody that gnolls are near. There are three, all clad in crudely-made leather armour and the largest one is wielding a large nasty-looking sword. They came from the north corridor, from around the corner of the westward intersection. They are moving toward you all at a walking pace, but with menacing determination.

 

(OOC)

 

Nobody is caught by surprise, and the good guys (you guys) won initiative. Post your actions here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taryn will move up to take a swing at the large one.

 

To hit gnoll with bastard sword: roll=4, +1 bonuses=5 ; damage roll=8, +2 bonuses=10.

 

OOC: Well that's just depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I can fire without shooting into Taryn's melee I shoot the bow at the farthest. Roll=8 [sigh]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(@ Mythmere)

 

You will be able to communicate with them from where you are. Cast away!

 

(Chu-toi)

 

You shoot down the corridor being careful not to shoot Taryn. Your arrow does not hit your ally, nor does it hit any monsters.

 

 

 

(OOC)

 

I'm thinking of borrowing from Warlord and giving elf characters a much-decreased panalty for shooting into melee or through allies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solace flattens herself against a wall to get out of the way of the others as they first rush forward to break the door down, then turn and rush the other direction to meet the gnolls coming at them from behind.

 

"Best to just wait," she advises her henchmen, "lest you get stuck in the eye accidentally by one of these eager fellows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×