Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midnight Lurker

Seamus, The Mad Hatter

30 posts in this topic

With Alice in the theaters I thought it was a great time to share this guy. It's Seamus, the Mad Hatter from Wyrd. I've been doing so much Reaper lately I needed a break and this dude had been rattling around in my "someday" stash for long enough.

He was actually intended to be a speed paint since he's just destined for my tabletop anyhow, but I think I got lost along the way. (Gee, there's a surprise!) The first 95% was done in something like 4 or 5 hours. The last 5% however took close to 3 weeks, most of that spent gnashing teeth over the NMM. :wacko: I'm still not very happy with it but there comes a point when you just have to say enough is enough!

I did have fun with the freehand though. Slowly but surely I think I'm breaking out of my fear of it. The playing cards on the base and tucked into his hat band were sculpted with green stuff, as were the wooden floor boards and the dice.

Hope you like him. :lol: C&C is always appreciated!

Laters,

Jen

...now let's see if I can figure out how to upload stuff..... hmm......

post-3802-12675893429461_thumb.jpg post-3802-12675893663028_thumb.jpg

post-3802-12675893995905_thumb.jpg post-3802-12675894139166_thumb.jpg

Oh, wow! I love those big exaggerated blends on the highlights and shadows; they take this guy well into the land of the surreal. (Well, that and the codpiece.) Great details on the base, great look in his eye... well worth the three weeks, IMHO.

Wow, Jen, that is some great work! Very well done, indeed.

Beautiful work. I love the colors you used and the face is very expressive. It was well worth the extra time.

I love the dice! =P the whole model looks amazing! I'm in awe of your talent.

Truly superb! I do see what you mean about the NMM, but I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't said anything. The freehand looks fantastic, but the real selling point of this figure is the beautiful contrast. He really makes a great impression. Well done!

It was good enough to win 1st in Masterclass, Best in Show and a gold medal at Genghis Con. Five judges each gave it a 4 for the gold medal. So yea, its okay.

It was good enough to win 1st in Masterclass, Best in Show and a gold medal at Genghis Con. Five judges each gave it a 4 for the gold medal. So yea, its okay.

LOL!!!

Amazingly great job!

:blink::blink::blink:

Absolutely awesome . What can I say that hasn't already been said .

WOW!

Great work! Very good painting with similar colors, keeping everything crisp and interesting from all angles! Quite impressive!

Really great work. Congratulations on the win. Well deserved.

Great job!

pez :zombie: