Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dks

60013 Merisiel, Iconic Elf Rogue (Pathfinder)

27 posts in this topic

Like Xanesha the lamia matriarch (my last Show-Off), this is another Pathfinder figure previously released for Paizo under Crocodile Games and now rereleased by Reaper, so I wanted to provide a painted example.

Here's a link to the concept art: Merisiel at Pathfinder Wiki

I changed the face slightly, because I don't like painting female faces that have sculpted eyebrows. (You can compare my rendition to the image of the primed figure in the Gallery.) I cut away the eyebrows, allowing me to paint the eyebrows where I wanted, and I cut away part of the upper eyelids to give myself a rounder eye area overall to work with.

Merisiel's skin is very pink -- the base color is Porcelain Rose, and the shading includes Violet Red -- but her red leathers make it seem less so by comparison. The armor was also a new red for me: Mahogany Brown, plus a mix of Rust Brown and Carnage Red, highlighted with Rose Shadow.

Enjoy,

Derek

post-2358-12678235572421_thumb.jpg

Amazing work as always Derek....Every new paint job of yours motivates me to improve my skills even more.

Great overall work as always. The skin and the leather are what immediately jumped out at me, and you were kind enough to provide the recipe :)

The hair is a great contrast to the rest of her as well!

I love the red leather and the hole pieces is just great. It is always a treat to see your work.

Oi Derek, quite well done and very true to the original art.

Sort of OT -ish I suppose..... You remove the eye brows to be able to paint them where you want them. I think you did a great job, but I wonder ( as I am NEVER satisfied by my own sculpted eye brows ) is it actually easier to paint them in than it is to paitn the sculpted features? I have wanted to just leave them off of my own female sculpts but I worry that people may find it too difficult to paint htem in rather than to paint on them.

Gorgeous! The armor is excellent, and the eyes, wow.

Great as always! And thanks for the recipes the leathers rock the party!

Oh, another stunning paint job from you! And there is so much detail on the armour too.

Ishil

Great job as always, Derek!

I need to get some of those PF minis ordered so I can get started on painting some of them up, too. :B):

Once again, you've created something truly superb, providing us with another fantastically inspirational work. Thank you so much for sharing!

Dang Derek! I think this is one of my favorite pieces now. You never cease to amaze me. I agree with you about the eye brows and of eyes in general. I wish that many female sculpts and even a few male Eleven sculpts did not have brows. I also like sculpts with a flatter/larger eye area to paint. Too many make it really tough on us non-professionals to create good eyes.

Jim

Looks wonderful. Just looking at it helps me become a better artist and painter, just imagine what watching you paint would do. ^^ your painting is simply amazing, and I love your pieces.

(I'm not a fanboy >.> <.< ok maybe I am)