• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dargrin

dargrin

Misunderstood Jubilex

• GM
  • 4178 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

So I am trying something new here. I got Ghostly Summons and was attempting to do whipped bluish smoke. Nope. Didn't work out. So does anyone have a technique or a tutorial on how?

Posted Image
I was notified today by Tyler that I was a Blue Doink

Posted Image No EBAY auctions

#2 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

I tried a similar effect using black instead of blue, so I started with a grey basecoat & kept drybrushing each layer with a lighter shade, made by adding a little white to the previous shade. I then hit it with a thin black wash to give it some more definition.
Posted Image
I'm tending to think that if you follow a similar process using a light blue and keep adding white & use a blue wash, it may work.

#3 witchmage

witchmage

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

I have an idea for doing this mini my self but I am up in the air about getting the mini at all at this point since I don't know how big the base is, I found that it is two and a half inches tall which is a good height but when I'm playing DnD is it going to take up one square or four.
if any of you painting it are able to let me know the diameter of the base that would be grate.
(edit: judging form the pictures and the information i know about this mini already the pictures how it at two to four times its size so I'm estimating that diameter is half and inch or so, can I get confirmation on this?)

once I get it, if I get it, I will be adding the photos of it as well.
the color seam i was going to use my self was a white primmer for the base, for the smoke areas have a heavy gray with fades of black and white in it to make it look natal as if it's from a camp fire. For the three women I am feeling a vary light blue and making it look like there skin is almost iced over to give it the appearance that there hugging each other for worth that can not be found in death.

#4 dargrin

dargrin

Misunderstood Jubilex

• GM
  • 4178 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Sorry for the delay. I have been away from painting this week.

Here is what I have. It is about 1 1/4 inches round.

Attached Files

#5 witchmage

witchmage

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Sorry for the delay. I have been away from painting this week.

Here is what I have. It is about 1 1/4 inches round.

thanks, its not to big so i will be getting it, i hope what im doing with it turns out well

#6 dargrin

dargrin

Misunderstood Jubilex

• GM
  • 4178 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

Please post pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users