• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

The models seem to be in two different scales, the Gene Van Horne ones are about 1/8 - 1/4" shorter than the Van Schaik ones. The Sgt. Rock looking guy is even bigger. Oddly the smaller guys are a $1 more.

Which size are they going to be? I like both and don't mind mixing a few of the off scale in as either guys that are 5'4" or 6'8" but would like to know which will be the regular size so I can buy the rest of my troops. Also, I'd guess all the existing Kroids are on the smaller scale as they were also done by GVH.

Posted Image
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#2 BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

I really like JVS's sculpts

But I wish GVH had gotten to finish the Americans.

Prepping the JVS Americans for paint is on my short list of things to do.

I wonder if I would have noticed the difference in size....

Update: just saw the pic comparison...I'd have noticed.
Soul Cannon to right of them, Soul Cannon to left of them, Soul Cannons in front of them, Volleyed and thundered;

#3 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

I wonder if I would have noticed the difference in size....

Update: just saw the pic comparison...I'd have noticed.

I like both, but want to buy into whatever the future size will be. If its JVS then a few shorties won't bother me and if its GVH then a couple giants won't, but right now its 50/50 and the look crazy together.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users