Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdPugh

Metal Trade In Approved Company List

71 posts in this topic

So how exactly does the trade work. ounces = credit in the store there or what? What is the exchange rate?

It all depends on what you have and whether or not it has been painted etc. The current price of metal plays a large part as well. Next year at Reapercon(and it always changes) you can trade regular unpainted pewter for 90% of weight in Reaper stuff bulk out of the bins. Painted & glued etc is 50%.

Best

Important announcement!!!!

As of today we will only make time to do this at ReaperCon.

Best

Ed

Few more questions as we are getting so close to Reapercon.

Do we need to seperate all the different companies before we come?

If we have painted a mini , and then do our best to strip it back to its base metal, is it the 90% trade-in or the 50%?

If we have painted a mini , and then do our best to strip it back to its base metal, is it the 90% trade-in or the 50%?

I had this question last year: If you can strip it well enough that it's not obviously painted and stripped, then it counts as bare metal. If not, it counts as painted. Look at the stripped model and make a judgment call; that's what the Reaper peeps will do.

Will recent Dream Pod 9 metal be accepted? Will ArtistCon allow metal trade-ins?

I just came into a ton of Britania miniatures. The packaging has them listed as "white metal" and they seem to be a similar alloy to Reaper. I am wondering if they can be used in the trade in?

I have a quick question also. Can we trade in sprue from Reaper miniatures? I have a large collection I have been saving for no particular reason...

I got a question too, hope it not been answered yet.

I got tons of old minis that I will never paint (I bought than like 10 years ago from a RPG store who was closing). Some are broke, some are like new and most of it are unpainted. Most of they are old pewter ones.

The question is, I don´t have even a clue from with company each one are. they all mixed up! It´s possible to bring they over and trade for something? They are collecting dust in my closet and I rather prefer to pick up some Reaper Minis :-)

If you are not sure the best thing to do is just bring it. Ed or somebody with Reaper can look at it and make an executive decision. Also, there's a lot of people who will be able to ID some of your old metal figures at the con and help you sort it out. There may even be people looking for your old figures. I know last year there were a couple people digging through the traded-in pile looking for specific things people might have dumped.

What about metal from P-65 minis? Also what about the cold navy minis? I think they were done by Ravenstar Studios?

What about metal from P-65 minis? Also what about the cold navy minis? I think they were done by Ravenstar Studios?

Have to look at Ravenstar stuff. Not familiar with them. No on P-65. I can work out a ratio for P-65 but it is not the same ratio as the tin alloy pieces.

Best

I'm going to assume Dream Pod 9 is okay but what about Battlefront's Flames of War line? I have a lot of their new stuff and it seems to chank more than thunk.

Questions:

1) Will damaged (aka harvested for bitz) metal be accepted?

2) Will incomplete metal be accepted?

3) Do you recycle the metal afterwards or is this event strictly for trading?

4) If the metal is JUST PRIMED (w/ spray primer) does that count as "painted"?

5) Say the meta was glued when we pulled it out of the box but we remove all traces of it (and it was never primed/painted) can we still get 90%?

Questions:

1) Will damaged (aka harvested for bitz) metal be accepted?

2) Will incomplete metal be accepted?

3) Do you recycle the metal afterwards or is this event strictly for trading?

4) If the metal is JUST PRIMED (w/ spray primer) does that count as "painted"?

5) Say the meta was glued when we pulled it out of the box but we remove all traces of it (and it was never primed/painted) can we still get 90%?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Its melted down for new miniatures

4) Yes, primed counts as painted

5) Yes

I do remember seeing people really take advantage of Reaper at the last ReaperCon. There were a lot of miniatures in there that should have failed the metal test. Reaper provides this as a service to us but they could decide to discontinue this at anytime if they aren't getting good metal from it.

Two questions concerning the metal trade:

Did anyone every positively identify whether Cronopia was good or bad for the trade?

Any problem with the metals already in ingot or bar form? (they used to be minis -- never give a boy access to a crucible and ladle)

thanks

1 person likes this