EdPugh

Metal Trade In Approved Company List

What's the upper limit on the amount of metal we bring in? I have access to lots of pewter minatures.

So now that the con is over for '13 I'll butt in with my question- I didn't want to disrupt the thread so close to the event.

But for someone that has never been to the con, what is this for, how does it work, etc.?

I saw on one of the videos a table full of metal minis and someone said it was the trade table.... then they show a slip of paper that says how much was traded in by weight.... so what's up with that? Is it a swap (give a mini/take a mini) or is it just give Reaper your unwanted minis so they can melt them down and recycle the metal or something else....???

Can someone please explain it to us Reaper Con virgins?

It's equal exchange, ounce for ounce. You bring in a bucket of your scrap pewter, we gave you a receipt for the weight of metal you turned in. You can then dig through the giant table of traded in bits to find a hidden treasure (Shakandara found a complete WotC black dragon Thursday night for example), or you can buy from the Boneyard. If you don't have metal to trade in, or you go over, you can also buy metal by weight. This weekend the rate was $7.50 per ounce, $7.97 after taxes were included.

If you had a left over balance, make sure you do not lose that slip!

• Like 6

At this time, we do not have a policy in place to allow for trading in either your existing Bones models, or for trading *for* Bones models.

Last Year those that wanted to traded for the appropriate retail credit then shopped with their credit as normal.

The policies will be re-examined in our next meeting.

• Like 2

Talked to Ed this morning.

Metal trade-in will continue as usual. You can get your slip, catch a car or a shuttle over to Reaper HQ and shop for bits, or you can use your voucher as store credit for other goods. You don't get as good a deal on store credit, because we have to take into account that we paid for packaging materials and labor (or even distribution cost, if you're using your voucher to purchase something like a Pathfinder book!).

We do not currently have any way to process a trade-in on Bones, so we are sticking to metal-for-metal or metal-for-credit. ::):

Hope that helps! Please refer any other questions on this elsewhere in the forums to this thread, if you would.

Thanks all!

Regarding keeping all the parts for a model together when it goes onto the mega-bits table--that would take all the fun out of it. :;):

• Like 7

I did not see the hours of operation on the trade in area on the ReaperCon site. Are there currently official times for the trade in site? And what times might we be able to access the "bits bins" at the Factory?

Thanks

I did not see the hours of operation on the trade in area on the ReaperCon site. Are there currently official times for the trade in site? And what times might we be able to access the "bits bins" at the Factory?

Thanks

Sure. The metal trade area will be available from 9am to 6pm daily, closing at 2pm on Sunday.

At the factory, you will be able to shop directly from our inventory bins - over 6,000 parts available by the pound!  The factory will be open 9-6 Thurs-Sat, and 10-2 Sunday.  We will have a shuttle offering trips (schedule posted on the website) or you can arrange your own transportation.

• Like 1

Could we bring in reaper miniatures that are still in blisters? Or should we dispose of the blisters prior?

[MOD] Chatter has been removed. This is an informational thread. [/MOD]

A few unanswered questions were left from the massive chatter prune.

We will get an official answer to those.

Please don't be "helpful" and try to answer them unofficially because not every answer that was made was accurate and they have been removed.

• Like 2

Is the dwarf wars stuff unapproved...? I don't recall seeing the manufacturer on what little was left undamaged of my box...and I don't foresee getting around to painting them anytime soon