Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdPugh

Metal Trade In Approved Company List

71 posts in this topic

The redemption area, with the table of metal figures brought in for trade, is now in the hotel.  Also a store area where you can buy at retail. 

4 people like this

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but:

Can somebody tell me what time the factory will open for shopping in the Bone Yard during the con? Is there a fixed time, or would it be "Whenever the first shuttle arrives"?

(Trying to plan out if/when to visit the factory, and how much time to budget.)

ETA:

Also, I looked at Ed's list for "Needs to be seen to be approved". Would it be helpful for me to bring along some samples from Spartan Games and Hawk War-games for evaluation? I don't have a ton of that stuff to melt down, but it would be easy to bring them along.

Edited by klarg1

I don't see West Wind on the list? (Or I'm completely missing it...) I found a little cache of figures while cleaning my hobby area and probably won't paint them ever.

I don't see West Wind on the list? (Or I'm completely missing it...) I found a little cache of figures while cleaning my hobby area and probably won't paint them ever.

West Wind is in the unapproved section

Edited by Heisler

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but:

Can somebody tell me what time the factory will open for shopping in the Bone Yard during the con? Is there a fixed time, or would it be "Whenever the first shuttle arrives"?

(Trying to plan out if/when to visit the factory, and how much time to budget.)

ETA:

Also, I looked at Ed's list for "Needs to be seen to be approved". Would it be helpful for me to bring along some samples from Spartan Games and Hawk War-games for evaluation? I don't have a ton of that stuff to melt down, but it would be easy to bring them along.

The factory is open 9am to 6pm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and 9am to 2pm on Sunday. 

Subject to change as staffing permits.

3 people like this

What constitutes late production for Ral Partha? 1990's?

Probably the mid to late 80's. Late production would be anything cast in "Ralidium" if its still in the packaging it should actually say Ralidium on it.

1 person likes this

After the change to "Ralidium", which happened with the proposed NY lead ban in 1993.

You can tell the difference if you bend a thin bit and it crackles.

1 person likes this

Was there ever a judgement about Stonehaven?

How about Spartan Games?

I have models from both Stonehaven and Spartan Games. They appear to be pewter. Spartan (a UK company) says its models "contain pewter" and does not have a lead warning on its packaging.

I have been accumulating tiny labeled baggies of flash waiting to join my little melt bin.

Howdy folks, how about AntiMatter games? (ShadowSea, Deep Wars)