• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#31 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hows abouts minis from
Target Games... ie warzone and chronopia.

Ikore?

Those I would have to see. There were several periods of manufacture and locations etc for those lines. The stuff produced directly by Heartbreaker in the US will work, but I have no idea about the rest of the production.
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

"mix not nipples in a box, for they shall close their nipple thingy" Bryviticus 1:12

#32 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

So how exactly does the trade work. ounces = credit in the store there or what? What is the exchange rate?

It all depends on what you have and whether or not it has been painted etc. The current price of metal plays a large part as well. Next year at Reapercon(and it always changes) you can trade regular unpainted pewter for 90% of weight in Reaper stuff bulk out of the bins. Painted & glued etc is 50%.

Best
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

"mix not nipples in a box, for they shall close their nipple thingy" Bryviticus 1:12

#33 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Important announcement!!!!

As of today we will only make time to do this at ReaperCon.

Best
Ed
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

#34 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

Few more questions as we are getting so close to Reapercon.

Do we need to seperate all the different companies before we come?

If we have painted a mini , and then do our best to strip it back to its base metal, is it the 90% trade-in or the 50%?
Vode An

#35 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4284 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

If we have painted a mini , and then do our best to strip it back to its base metal, is it the 90% trade-in or the 50%?

I had this question last year: If you can strip it well enough that it's not obviously painted and stripped, then it counts as bare metal. If not, it counts as painted. Look at the stripped model and make a judgment call; that's what the Reaper peeps will do.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#36 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

I seperated the different brands of minis last year. They accepted most any high tin, low lead minis. It was the 'clank' sound and not the 'thunk' that really made the difference, that and the 'write' test - the mini should not make an acceptable pencil. If you seperate, if there is an issue, then everything is together. Speeds things up for those in line behind you to Posted Image

Strip the paint if you can (be kind rewind) as burning the stuff off in the melt pot stinks to high heaven and some paint fumes are not all that good to breath.

Reaper is offering a WONDERFUL service with this at RCon and we should all do what we can to make it easier on them to continue to provide it.
  • haldir likes this
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#37 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

sounds good! thanks!
Vode An

#38 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Will recent Dream Pod 9 metal be accepted? Will ArtistCon allow metal trade-ins?

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#39 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I just came into a ton of Britania miniatures. The packaging has them listed as "white metal" and they seem to be a similar alloy to Reaper. I am wondering if they can be used in the trade in?
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#40 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I have a quick question also. Can we trade in sprue from Reaper miniatures? I have a large collection I have been saving for no particular reason...

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#41 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

If it is metal tin from Reaper then the answer is yes as I have done that/ er had my trade ninjas do it for me.
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#42 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2238 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Pole - if you look at the top of this forum, there's a pinned thread listing which other company's miniatures can and cannot be traded in. Reaper's own metal is always accepted.

Britania isn't on either list that I saw, hopefully a Reaper employee will be able to answer that some time. I don't know if it would be helpful if you also posted in that thread, Beowulf?

Edited by ladystorm, 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM.
MERGED THREADS

#43 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6735 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes, you can trade in sprue. Metal is metal whether from the mini or the sprue and it all melts down into liquid in the crucible.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#44 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2591 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

I'm glad you asked this bc I have the same situation. I can't make RCon this year, but will
Next.

#45 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ok Thank You Wren!

I just wasn't sure because its not marked or anything. I have a few tabs I have cut off mini's but most of what I have is little sprue and such from cleaning them up.

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users