• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

I plan to start July with fireworks and a 3-day weekend painting binge. ::D: My model list is short: 3 in a diorama and 1 solo for Gen Con. If time permits, I might go for one more. Anything else done this month is just icing on the cake.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#2 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Finish 02603: Bugbear Shaman, Skrug
Finish 02781: Bledsoe, Evil Cleric
Finish 14212: Kristianna, Crusaders Warlord
Another squad of Tollarns
6 of my friend's old minis

2014 Stats: 31 painted.

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#3 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Got some good, productive time at the workbench over the weekend. Especially yesterday - off work, hiding from the heat, painting on & off throughout the day. Had one of those 'lightbulb moments' in technique & use of color. Not quite an epiphany, nothing that strong. Just thought, "Oh, I get it, now!" I like the results, so far, and hope it's enough to reach that elusive 'next level'.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#4 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

I have no real goals for the month, but I have gotten a couple good blocks of painting time in the last few days, and have made some substantial progress on my Ogre Kingdoms army. Not as much as I might have liked, perhaps, but enough that I should be able to actually get them finished before the end of the year.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#5 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have started my Darkreach army. I'm going to use dipping for the soldiers and I've never done it so I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

Tierdeleira, Priestess - primed
Avrix Dirthe, Champion - packaged
Liela Mordollwen, Sorceress - primed
Zalash, Assassin - primed +skin
Nightshade Warrior x 4 - primed +skin
Shadowstep Warrior x 7 - primed
Shiver Spike Crossbow x 5 - primed +skin

Shadow Dragon - Finished
Phase Cat - Finished

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#6 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17155 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I haven't picked up a brush in a month, but I do intend to complete:
-conversion exchange minis (paint)
-Summer exchange mini
-Squadron of ~15 converted Chub familiars, including characters, heavy weapons, and walkabout troops.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#7 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

02603: Bugbear Shaman, Skrug
02781: Bledsoe, Evil Cleric
14212: Kristianna, Crusaders Warlord
Another squad of Tollarns - 5/13
6 of my friend's old minis - 0/6

Extra: little dragon from one of the familiar packs

2014 Stats: 31 painted.

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#8 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

Posting to keep motivated:

14594: Avrix Dirthe, Dark Elf Champion - packaged
14575: Tierdeleira, Priestess ($4.99) - primed
14586: Female Dark Elf Warrior(Shadowstep) x 7 - primed
14590: Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress - Skin, Cloth, hair, weapons

00000: Unknown DHL model proxy
14571: Zalash Dark Elf Assassin
14584: Dark Elf Crossbowman(Shiver Spike)x 5
14570: Dark Elf Warrior (Nightshade) x 4
60028: Pathfinder Red Dragon - Painted as Shadow Dragon
02664: Phase Cat - Finished

With 13 models finished this month I have officially painted more models this July than I have ever painted before.

#9 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

It seems awfully quiet in here, at least to me. Same thread last year was up to several pages by this point in the month. Just curious.

Way to go, shakhak! Keep up the good work. Jen and Froggy, too!

My own progress is slow, but focused. Still plugging away at comp entries and getting other things ready for Gen Con.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#10 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

Right now most of my stuff is GW related. In fact, since we don't play fantasy RPGs anymore, the amount of Reaper I buy has dropped considerably (occasional Chronoscope here an there). It ends up looking like every month is a GW painting project, and this is the Reaper boards so I refrain...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#11 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Nah, don't worry about GW or other maker, post away. This thread is about motivation, checking things off our lists. Warlordgarou working on Ogre Kingdoms, for example. Also, it doesn't matter if you're painting for fun, comp, tabletop, RPG, etc. Example: I didn't name the manufacturer(s) for my current list, and they're all for a contest. I just sort of blog about it as I go without the hassle of WIPs and following up.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#12 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

OK then, on the workbench:

12 GW Chaos Space Marine World Eater Berzerkers
1 Forgeworld CSM World Eater Dreadnaught
7 GW Fantasy Dwarf Hammerers
1 GW Fantasy Dwarf Lord

Hope to have these done by July 31. Ultimately I want to finish my dwarfs off by September (2000pts) for gaming.

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#13 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Nah, don't worry about GW or other maker, post away. This thread is about motivation, checking things off our lists. Warlordgarou working on Ogre Kingdoms, for example. Also, it doesn't matter if you're painting for fun, comp, tabletop, RPG, etc. Example: I didn't name the manufacturer(s) for my current list, and they're all for a contest. I just sort of blog about it as I go without the hassle of WIPs and following up.

Technically, I am working on a lot of things, but yeah, Ogres are part of it.

Since my last post, I have also been making (cheap) shelves for my painting area, using pegboard, 1 by 10, and 10" hooks. They aren't level (since the pegs have a slant to them), but the slight slope helps keep me from accidentally knocking things off the front. I have also been assembling and priming some Skorne models - 20 praetorian swords, plus working on a couple warlocks. And some trollbloods. And some warmachine mercs. And painting a double set of the hirst arts starship basic interior.

I am hoping to do some painting tonight, instead of inhaling superglue fumes.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#14 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

I lied when I said those miniatures were finished. I completely forgot that I needed to flock the bases. So I ran out to the FLGS, picked up some rocks, dirt, and purple flowers and based the 13 painted models. Now they are finished. Only 10 to go.

#15 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Added another model to the list. The Ghoul Queen has always been a favorite of mine, I'm excited to get to use her as the Warlord of the army.

03126: Ghoul Queen (Queen) - - Skin, Cloth, Weapon
14594: Avrix Dirthe, Dark Elf Champion - - Skin, Cloth, Weapon
14575: Tierdeleira, Priestess - - Skin, Cloth, Armor Weapon
14586: Female Dark Elf Warrior(Shadowstep) x 7 - Skin, Cloth, Weapon
14590: Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress - Skin, Cloth, hair, Weapons

03126: Ghoul Queen (Rose Window)

00000: Unknown DHL model proxy
14571: Zalash Dark Elf Assassin
14584: Dark Elf Crossbowman(Shiver Spike)x 5
14570: Dark Elf Warrior (Nightshade) x 4
60028: Pathfinder Red Dragon - Painted as Shadow Dragon
02664: Phase Cat - Finished

Doing the armor in Red with the wrappings in white has become a nightmare on the Shadow Step Warriors. Way too much time is being spent repainting as I keep messing up. I'm going to try to swallow the pride and ignore it on them. Hopefully I'll finish them tonight and then I can focus on the remaining Leaders and Elites.

Edited by shakhak, 26 July 2010 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users