Sign in to follow this  
Wumby

WIP GW Space Marine

Ok, not much to see here, but isn't that the point of a WIP. Primed white with P3 spray-on. The yellow base is Citadel Foundation Iyanden Darksun, the purple is Citadel Foundation Hormagaunt purple (Ok you can't tell it's purple but the bolter casing is purple and when I am finishing him up the shoulder pad trim will be purple too), and the black is P3 Thamar black. At this point there are no highlights, shading, or anything. I was slow and a little shaky working on the yellow. Of course its foundation and went on thick, but I wanted it to be thin and smooth, and let's just say, I'm not that smooth at thinning paint. This Marine was already put together too and you can't see it in the pics, but there are some nooks and crannies that I didn't get to. Either way, I'm doing a whole squad in this scheme to improve my skills. Without further ado here are the pics...and comments, constructive criticism, and assistant welcome.

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

The yellow looks like I dipped him in spicy mustard...better lighting next pics.

Well shoot. I slathered on a black wash and now I can't seem to get the color back on there or as bright, so I'm dipping him in the Simple Green. I think for round too, I'm going to use GW's Gryphonne Sepia wash, it's brownish, but not too dark. I also think I'm going to use a little more brush control than I typically do with washes and concentrate on placing the wash in the recesses and take my time with it. Suggestions? I know yellow is a beast, but would like to see if I can remotely tame this beast. More pics later on.

GW's yellow recipie actually follows the Iyanden Darksun-Gryphonne Sepia-Golden Yellow route. try looking up their steb-by-step instructions for Iyanden Eldar (sorry, new to the boards here, otherwise I'd know how to link that for you)