Bloodstone Gnomes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

With the release of Savage North, you now have a new pinned topic with your official army. I'd love to put some cool, fluff based text in here right now, but I haven't gotten my copy of the book yet!

There are not a lot of historical posts, but see below for some linkage:
Bloodstone Gnomes, 2008+
Bloodstone Gnomes Background Fluff
Bloodstone Gnomes
  • DSModels likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

BSG 1000 points, Tunneler Doctrine:

Bloodstone - 1000 points

Troop 1
Herald of Blood

Troop 2
Kordtok the Gutter
Lesser Bloodstone Golem x 2
Stone Zealot x 12
Book of Tactics

Troop 3
Spike, Hok Sergeant
Hok x 7

Troop 4
Greater Bloodstone Golem

Troop 5
Greater Bloodstone Golem

Troop 6
Greater Bloodstone Golem
  • DSModels likes this
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#3 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

Maybe I overestimate the power of Blood Net, but this seem pretty over the top in terms of potency:

Bloodstone - 1000 points (Tunneler Doctrine)

Troop 1
Kurand the Ever Living
Kulgurk the Cruel x 2
Stone Zealot x 10

Troop 2
Kordtok the Gutter
Kulgurk the Cruel x 2
Stone Zealot x 10

Troop 3
Kordtok the Gutter
Kulgurk the Cruel x 2
Stone Zealot x 10

Troop 4
Kordtok the Gutter
Kulgurk the Cruel x 2
Stone Zealot x 9
  • DSModels likes this
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#4 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1804 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

When I first read blood net it scared me. If I ever faced that many stone zealots I think I would pee myself. ::o:
  • DSModels likes this
2012 Painted: 2, 2012 Acquired: 132 "The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite "you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#5 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

When I first read blood net it scared me. If I ever faced that many stone zealots I think I would pee myself. ::o:

I think i'd feel guilty if I brought that onto the field; plus I like the other BSG units so much I couldn't bring myself to invest so many points in so many Kulgurks, and lets face it, it might be fun the first few times you cast blood net, but it would get boring pretty quick. Still, it makes you think.
  • DSModels likes this

#6 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

Ok, a potentially less malicious and more fun Bloodnet/Golem Army, abundance of lists I'm posting is directly related to trying to figure out which of the new factions I want to play :)

Bloodstone - 1000 points (Return to me Doctrine)

Troop 1

Kurand the Ever Living
Lesser Bloodstone Golem x 3
Stone Zealot x 15

Troop 2

Chalcerax, Guard Sergeant
Kulgurk the Cruel
Guard x 6

Troop 3

Greater Bloodstone Golem

Troop 4
Greater Bloodstone Golem
  • DSModels likes this

#7 Greywolf

Greywolf

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

998 pts

kurand
lesser bloodstone golem x3
pinner x6
stone zealot x5

chalcerax
guard x6

greater bloodstone golem

greater bloodstone golem

i like the bloodstorm spell also
i will be playing this list in a tournament on sun the 5th i'll post how it goes
  • DSModels likes this

#8 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2017 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Kurand's troop looks pretty weak for screening him and his golems. Also, without something to screen the pinners, they will die real fast. I would move two pinners to Chalcerax's troop, and then replace two of the remainining ones with Scraggers. The Scraggers can screen your pinners and if they can ever hit something their Provoke will keep the heat off of Kurand and the Golems. You might also consider a necklace of worm teeth for Kurand so he can stay hidden until it's time to cause mischief.
  • DSModels likes this
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#9 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:35 AM

I've been toying with a similar list, but I've been avoiding pinners thusfar because I think they are ugly and I can't bring myself to buy any :)

Bloodstone - 999 points (Return to me Doctrine)
Troop 1
Kurand the Ever Living
+Familiar
Lesser Bloodstone Golem x 3
Stone Zealot x 7
Scragger x 7

Troop 2
Chalcerax, Guard Sergeant
Lesser Bloodstone Golem
Guard x 4
Scragger x 4

Troop 3
Greater Bloodstone Golem

Troop 4
Greater Bloodstone Golem
  • DSModels likes this

#10 Greywolf

Greywolf

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

999 pts

Kurand w/necklace of worm teeth
Lesser golem x3
Stone zealot x5
Guard x3

Kordtok
Lesser golem
Kulgurk
Pulger x5
Stone zealot x5

Greater golem

Greater golem

Luck stone

My pinners didn't come in so I played this list came in 2nd place can't complain. Thanks for the advice about the necklace it worked well.
  • DSModels likes this

#11 Greywolf

Greywolf

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

Has any one done a herald yet if so can you link some pics. Also is reaper planning on making the herald so I don't have to convert one :)
  • DSModels likes this

#12 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Has any one done a herald yet if so can you link some pics. Also is reaper planning on making the herald so I don't have to convert one :)

I imagine we will see the remainder of the BSG ranks filled out, I think there are 2 leaders, an Elite, and a Soldier type left to be sculpted. Not many, the faction is nearly complete, but the bigger a model is the less likely it is to be sculpted soon. I'm not sure how lucrative larger models are in terms of sales potential for Reaper, and i know they are a bugger to sculpt, and take a long time as the artists tend to want to really do them justice.
  • DSModels likes this

#13 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2017 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:45 AM

I've been using my Gnome army for our league play. Most of the time it has been the list on Reaper Games with a minor tweak. It has played really well. So far I have three wins, a tie, and one loss. The tweak I made was to drop one beetle rider and the luckstone to add a Hok and a familiar. I also moved the Scraggers to the Heralds troop. They have managed to land hits in a couple fo the fights and keep defensive blows off of the golems. Next week I may switch to a list with Stone Zealots just to keep the other players guessing.
  • DSModels likes this
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#14 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2017 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

My buddy Jack wanted to try out the BSG, so I loaned him my army and we went at it. Jack has a knack for seeing synergies in an army that most people would never think of. His BSG list took the Return to Me/Living Rock doctrine to a level I never imagined. His list had the Herald with one Lesser Golem and Szerda in his troop. Kulguk was in another troop, plus Beta had a Blood Shard, which made him a caster. I think all told there was the Herald, a Greater Golem, plus four Lesser Golems in the build. There were also 8 or 9 Zealots.

For starters, Jack left two of the Golems off the board at the beginning of the game. Then, when he summoned them, Jack pointed out that non-solo summoned models become part of the summoning models troop. I wound up fighting a troop that was the Herald, Szedra, and three flippin' Lesser Golems - Yikes! For some reason I had it in my head that even though the caster summoned the Golems they remained part of their original troop. Another trick up Jack's sleeve was Beta. He had four or five zealots in his troop. They charged up, keeping reasonable pace with Beta. Toxic Cloud worked nicely to take out several Zealots, but then Jack charged in Beta and summoned Golems! Having a Blood Shard makes Beta a caster - Awww Crap! The last tactic, which he didn't need to use, was Szedra. She had the Necklace of Worm Teeth and stayed burrowed. Jack's plan for her was to summon Golems, then cast Incite on them the next turn. Rush attack would allow the Golems to run in and be immune to damage unless the enemy has cleave or mighty. Then, since Szedra has an action left, she can summon the Golems back to her to keep them from being swarmed. And she can stay burrowed doing it - Sheesh! I know that Exhume would have worked on her, but I never realized that threat until Jack told me about it. I got trounced, primarily because every time I tried to hit any Golem my dice choked. I did manage to swarm and kill the Herald and other stuff, but every other Golem was immune to more than one point of damage. I almost took down the Greater Golem, but it made a Life Sieze check - Phooey!

The whole game I kept saying, "Ummm, can you do that?" <Looks through book> "Yup, it says so right here!" Jack and his wicked mind have taught me a whole new aspect of my Corrupted Smurfs. I'm anxious to try out his evil ideas for myself.
  • DSModels likes this

#15 Greywolf

Greywolf

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

you're friend is awesome thanks for posting his ideas they will be replicated in the future. :ph34r:
  • DSModels likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users