Personal Rules -- Suggestions welcome

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

As I was waiting upon an official rulebook for this game, I put this game variant together based on an old post earlier in the forum about the rules:

Kroid Units

Name Kroid Infantryman
Affiliation Evil Points 40
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/2

MAV 4 3 2
#MA 2

RAV 4 3 3
#RA 1
RNG (12/18)
S.A.

Name Kroid Sergeant
Affiliation Evil Points 70
Model Leader (2-12) Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/3, Tactician, Spy

MAV 4 3 2
#MA 1

RAV 4 3 3
#RA 2
RNG 12
S.A.

Name Kroid Sniper
Affiliation Evil Points 60
Model Solo Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/2, Stealth, Ranger/6

MAV 4 3 2
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 1
RNG (24/36)
S.A. Pierce

Name Kroid MG42 Gunner
Affiliation Evil Points 50
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/2

MAV 4 3 2
#MA 1

RAV 4 3 3
#RA 3
RNG 18
S.A.

Name Kroid Shuffler
Affiliation Evil Points Free
Model N/A Base Std
DMG 0 1
MOV 4 4
DV 7 7
S.A.

MAV 1 1
#MA 1
S.A. Smite (Good)

RAV 0 0
#RA 0
RNG 0
S.A.

US Units

Name US Infantryman
Affiliation Good Points 80
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 10 8 8
S.A. N/A

MAV 5 4 3
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 2
RNG (12/24)
S.A.

Name US Infantry Sergeant
Affiliation Good Points 110
Model Leader (2/10) Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 10 8 8
S.A. Regeneration/3, Tactician, Spy

MAV 5 4 3
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 2
RNG 12
S.A.

Name US Infantry Sniper
Affiliation Good Points 100
Model Solo Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 10 8 8
S.A. Stealth, Ranger/6, Spy

MAV 5 4 3
#MA 1

RAV 6 5 4
#RA 1
RNG (24/36)
S.A. Pierce

Name US Infantry BAR
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 10 8 8
S.A. N/A

MAV 5 4 3
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 3
RNG (12/18)
S.A. Blowthrough

It operates based on the Warlord 2 rules with a few additions:

1) If a model is killed by a Kroid Shuffler, then it immediately becomes one.

2)"The sniper rules appear to follow along conventional ideas. In RotD’s case, when the Sniper is activated you would place the figure, take the Ranged Combat shot then remove the figure and replace it with a token. For each following turn with the sniper, you can place the sniper within 6 inches of the token [this would count as a move action unless it was placed exactly where the token was last placed -- my addition] and repeat the process.

The enemy has to have one of their figures come into direct contact with the token to flush out the sniper and find out what its exact location is. If the enemy figure is killed or breaks contact with the token, the sniper is hidden again. This alone could make for a great War of the Rats scenario." -- Taken from earlier post.

3)"At the end of a turn, 1d10 worth of zombies/shufflers would be generated and placed no closer than twelve inches of an enemy model." -- Also taken from earlier post.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? I just wanted to float this thing out here because there is definitely a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and I am also going to run a few test games just to see what happens.
Also, if this in any way violates forum rules, please let me know and I will make whatever changes are necessary to be in compliance with them. I am not trying to make a bad impression with one of my first posts ::D:
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. --Robert E. Howard

#2 BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

RA3 and Blowthrough seems a bit steep for the BAR.

I heard rumors that this and the super heroes game wasn't going to follow the Warlord 2 point systems and that made me sad.
I can't imagine I'm the only one out there that wants to have super heroes fighting Undead Zombies or any of a thousand other
possible genre crossovers that Warlord/Chronoscope/(Whatever the Hero/BadGuy game is named)

I have a handout from a couple years back that does have RAGE stats for the figures. I'll see if I can find it after work.
Soul Cannon to right of them, Soul Cannon to left of them, Soul Cannons in front of them, Volleyed and thundered;

#3 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

That is sad to hear. I think that the system for W2 is really easy to understand. Well, hopefully this new system will still be pretty sweet.

Yeah, I thought the BAR with blowthrough might be a bit much. I just kept imagining this lone machine gunner blasting through zombies left and right. What do you think about using the 3MA and Rapid shot instead?

Definitely let me know if you find that other rule set.
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. --Robert E. Howard

#4 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

. . . I just kept imagining this lone machine gunner blasting through zombies left and right. . .

This is why Hiram Maxim invented the machine gun. ::D:

Little known <_< historical fact <_< : Were it not for Maxim, Gatling and Browning the Zombie outbreak of 1919 would have made everyone forget all about the Spanish Influenza of the previous year...

On a more serious* note: If a figure is killed in HTH by a zombie there should be a chance that it would rise as one of the Kroid. But it should not be immediate. The living should have some opportunity to burn the corpse.

Being shot by a Kroid should not allow any chance at all. The figure is killed by a bullet; not by a zombie.

Your rule 2) is pretty close to what was in the RotD Quick Play/Beta Rules handout that was used at the most recent ReaperCon.

4) Silver bullets/holy water?

5) Flame Thrower Teams...?

6) PanzerFausts, Bazookas...??

*If that's possible whilst discussing zombies.
——
Wzrd1

#5 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

So, I have altered the rule to read that a model that is destroyed by a Shuffler will change into one at the end of the game turn following the one in which it was destroyed. This allows the opportunity to burn/decapitate the unit. One model in a friendly unit must take a specialty action to burn/decapitate the pre-shuffler model, but, if left alone, the destroyed model will eventually become a shuffler. Note: only shufflers can create shufflers right now because I imagine that other kroids would use knives or their guns for close combat as well. This may change if I add a zombie mutant!

Right now, I am trying to avoid vehicles since I have less experience with them, and so I also stayed away from bazookas. That being said, I could see how they might rock out against a clump of units (or that hypothetical zombie mutant), so I will definitely think about that.

I really like the idea of a flame thrower unit. I think will work on making that a part of both armies ASAP.

I would like to make this a little more supernatural (it already includes zombies, why not go there?), which means werewolves (you see my eyein' you zombie werewolf!) or even mutants (see above) are a pretty strong possibility. The addition of these units would necessitate a counter unit as well. Any creative thoughts on where to go with that?

Thanks for the help, these are solid ideas!

Edit: I also added grenades to the infantrymen and sergeants, but not the snipers or heavy gunners. Units can use grenades as their attack option in place of their ranged attack (so no tossing in melee combat). Grenade stats are as follows: RNG/7, AoE/3

#6 BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

And of course we totally need a cigar chompin', sleeveless, nearly cromag looking dude with a bazooka.
Soul Cannon to right of them, Soul Cannon to left of them, Soul Cannons in front of them, Volleyed and thundered;

#7 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

I would like to make this a little more supernatural (it already includes zombies, why not go there?), which means werewolves (you see my eyein' you zombie werewolf!) or even mutants (see above) are a pretty strong possibility. The addition of these units would necessitate a counter unit as well. Any creative thoughts on where to go with that?

You could have special characters/heroes on the good side to use as Zombie Vanquishers, Vampyre Slayers, and Werewolf Hunters. Here's (3):

Ranger Tex (the Resistance fighter)
A former Texas Ranger (or so he says) who carries a minimum of four Colt revolvers at all times. Most of these are loaded with silver bullets but one is always loaded with ordinary lead because, "Some people just ain't worth a silver bullet..."

Major Liberty (no relation to Captain America)**
A general purpose freedom fighter with a snazzy and patriotic jumpsuit. Uses a lot of .45 APC. Considers Ranger Tex a friend and is not above carrying a clip or two of custom reloaded .45 AG*

Jean Claude Van D'Angere (his middle name should be danger)**
Werewolf Hunter, Vampyre Slayer, Zombie Hunter and Lady Killer Extraordinaire. France's answer to Sargeant Torrey.

The Nazis could field some UberSoldiers: genetically engineered/mutated from the finest Aryan stock.

*Ag = Argentum, (Silver)
**I may be quoting or paraphrasing material buried deep in the Chronoscope-Minis thread.

——
Wzrd1

#8 BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

Oooooooh.

We need a Major Liberty for RotD.

#9 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

6) Although Bazookas were invented as anti-tank weapons they work perfectly well on zombie-infested buildings...

7) Improvised incendiary devices, "IIDs". (Molotov Cocktails were not invented to rid Finland of Bolsheviks: it was Zombies). ::P:
——
Wzrd1

#10 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

I agree. I think adding the special units such as Major Liberty would be excellent! And, for my devices, I think they could make a good balance against the strong mutant/werewolf specials. I may make silver bullets a type of equipment that soldiers can take, then other soldiers could help take out werewolves as well.

#11 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1856 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Check out the Secrets of the Third Reich. They have the Sentinal program, which is pretty much US super soldiers.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#12 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

Ok. So I added some Mortar guys. Here are there stats:

Name US Infantry M2 Mortar
Affiliation Good Points 100
Model Solo Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 4 4 4
DV 10 8 8
S.A. N/A

MAV 4 3 3
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 1
RNG (24/36)
S.A. Indirect Shot, AoE/5

Name Kroid SGRW 34
Affiliation Evil Points 70
Model Solo Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 4 4 4
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/2

MAV 3 3 2
#MA 1

RAV 4 3 3
#RA 1
RNG (24/36)
S.A. Indirect Shot, AoE/4

Still working on the flamethrowers. I have their basic stuff, but I am still trying to decide how to best simulate the effect of a flamethrower. It is a little challenging with the Warlord rules. Please keep throwing out your great suggestions!

#13 BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

Why not do them like soul cannons? 1/2" wide, blowthrough and X distance in range,
then add that the fire starts 1" from the base of the mini (Ie you can't use it in base to base contact.)

#14 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, I was considering doing them with the blowthrough ability, and I am just trying to decide on an appropriate range. I was thinking something around 7 or 8 to keep it a close range weapon. I like the idea of having it start one inch from the model base. I also want to add the flame attack ability, for obvious reasons ::D:

#15 Solomon

Solomon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

So, with the assist from blueweasel, I now have two flamethrower units:

Name Kroid Flammenwerfer 35
Affiliation Evil Points 50
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 8 8 8
S.A. Tough/2

MAV 4 3 2
#MA 1

RAV 5 4 3
#RA 1
RNG 7
S.A. Flame Attack, Blowthrough*

Name US Infantry M2A1-7
Model Grunt Base Std
DMG 0 1 2
MOV 6 6 6
DV 10 8 8
S.A. N/A

MAV 5 4 3
#MA 1

RAV 6 5 4
#RA 1
RNG 7
S.A. Flame Attack, Blowthrough*

*With the special rule that the flame starts one inch from the model's base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users