TaleSpinner

Beholder WIP

A month to the day since your last progress report...any word on availability yet? This thing is stunning!

<edit> er, pun wasn't intended, but I'll take it... (stunning...get it?) wink.gif

Edited by Baphomet69

A month to the day since your last progress report...any word on availability yet? This thing is stunning!

<edit> er, pun wasn't intended, but I'll take it... (stunning...get it?) wink.gif

LOL

No, I don't have much of an update. I spoke with the caster last week and he is preparing the production molds. It will be cast in resin. I don't know when the actual casting will begin. I think he is holding off until he has time to produce a lot in the case of high demand.

Andy

High demand? I should say so!

Anyone remember that old commercial, what was it for, Mervyn's? "open, open, open!" In this case, "hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Oh, and what's next on your list? Hopefully your next project will also include a WIP thread. I usually stay out of this forum due to my own acute lack of talent, but now I'll be looking for more like this!

High demand? I should say so!

Anyone remember that old commercial, what was it for, Mervyn's? "open, open, open!" In this case, "hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Oh, and what's next on your list? Hopefully your next project will also include a WIP thread. I usually stay out of this forum due to my own acute lack of talent, but now I'll be looking for more like this!

Well, funny you should mention that. You know I like WIPs, but now that I am sculpting for companies like Reaper, I can't show the minis off ahead of time. That is typically frowned upon. So my current projects have to stay fairly close to the vest. However, there is nothing saying I cannot document my progress as I go and then post the WIP shots in succession after the mini has been released to the public. I think I may start doing that for my next few minis.

Andy

• Like 1

My only personal problem with that idea is this one took a year, I donwanna wait that long! wink.gif

Just ribbin' ya. Awesome talent, sir!

Update from TrollForged:

Note: in the clip he says I am a painter for Reaper, which is not true; but I am a Reaper fan-boy. ::D:

Andy

• Like 1

Update from TrollForged

Looking great! Congratulations on getting it casted and being able to see it casted. Can't wait to get my greedy little paws on it. The stalks are also going to be resin it sounds like. Is the base you made going to be Resin as well?

Update from TrollForged

Looking great! Congratulations on getting it casted and being able to see it casted. Can't wait to get my greedy little paws on it. The stalks are also going to be resin it sounds like. Is the base you made going to be Resin as well?

As far as I know now, the whole thing will either be in resin or this new plastic he is developing that holds the detail of resin and pewter, but is light, cheap, and very durable. He's been running environment tests and the like on the plastic and it is very good. I think lately he's been running into a material supply issue with a component of either the resin or the plastic (not sure which) and that is why production has been delayed so long.

Personally, I've never painted a mini in anything other than metal, so whatever material he goes with will be new to me

As for the base, I did end up adding a slot tab to it, so it should come with a slotted base of some sort.

Andy

My wife WILL kill me, but I want a couple of these. Want may be a less-than-emphatic-enough word, but it will do for now.

Thanks for the update!