TaleSpinner

Beholder WIP

This is seriously cool. I like the third one, it's skin texture fits with the rest of the beholder more than the others do. And the webbing looks really cool too.

Yep, I'd say after seeing them all, #3 works the best! I really like that pebbly texture at the base of the eye stalk. It might be nice to have some of the "eye lids" open, others closed, and some half way open to really give it some extra animation. Keep it up man, you've got a real winner there!

Gene

What Gene said.

The third one really gives the creepy dangerous uh-oh were in trouble now vibe.

Oh, definitely number three, because it is just super creepy. It makes the beholder look truly terrifying. Oh, really, really, number three!!!

OK the eye stalk voting is in and I have begun work on the winner. After polling people on four sites, the results are as follows:

Eye stalk 1: 1 vote

Eye stalk 2: 0 votes

Eye stalk 3: 24 votes

Something tells me that you all like eye stalk 3, though I'm not sure if it is conclusive. :rolleyes:

So I started working on the other 9 stalks at lunch today. Given that the first one took 4 hours, this could be a fairly lengthy process. Hopefully, I'll get faster as I go.

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

Andy

• Like 3

Make one open & one closed, then get multiples cast, no?

I thought of that, but they are in multiple angles and such. If it was lead I'd just sculpt them straight and let the painter bend them, but the tin is too brittle to bend that much. My intention is to sculpt them all uniquely. Also that way each eye can be in a varying degree of openness and the sculpt will be more dynamic. I have no deadline so I might as well go the extra mile.

You have to let me know if you get this cast. I would really like to paint this guy up.

You have to let me know if you get this cast. I would really like to paint this guy up.

I will. If it gets cast I'll be letting everyone know. ::D: Right now I just want to focus on getting it done.

The aardvark is done, so I'll be back on eye stalks now.

Andy

I've had a few people asking for an update, so here's a current WIP group shot:

post-140-12995542824805.jpg

I have the armatures in place and am working these like an assembly line. Currently, I am working on the claws.

Andy

• Like 3

Looking good, Andy, keep it up! And thanks for posting updates. It's nice of you to take the time, and it's neat to see your setup.