Gus Landt

Frost Giants of Icingstead

For a barbarian only list I would make sure to have a troop or two of Axemen, go after the archers with rush attack. If I know I need to hunt down archers I would probably include a musician. Also make use of Nanok.

Any particular archers you are having issues with?

4 hours ago, Humansquish said:
4 hours ago, Humansquish said:

For a barbarian only list I would make sure to have a troop or two of Axemen, go after the archers with rush attack. If I know I need to hunt down archers I would probably include a musician. Also make use of Nanok.

Any particular archers you are having issues with?

That would be Venomspite, he has poison and sniper.

Yeah Charge Venomspite he is squishy.  Use Nadezhda if he is really problematic to stun him and kill him before he can become a nuisance. Use the sergeant with rush after stunning him and kill him without a whimper.  Go for overkill Use Gorak and 2 axemen to charge with a musician and have a totem and a magic weapon, Gorak will have 5 base MAV, +1 for totem, +1 for weapon, +1 Rage, +1 for support.  You auto hit and cleave on 4's, and your axemen will hit on 4's which is a 70% chance.  You will take a round of fire but if you throw some spear throwers out in front a few inches you might even get a ranged counter attack and block line of sight.  Then on your follow up turn you might just have some ranged support yourself.

58 minutes ago, Looter said:

Yeah Charge Venomspite he is squishy.  Use Nadezhda if he is really problematic to stun him and kill him before he can become a nuisance. Use the sergeant with rush after stunning him and kill him without a whimper.  Go for overkill Use Gorak and 2 axemen to charge with a musician and have a totem and a magic weapon, Gorak will have 5 base MAV, +1 for totem, +1 for weapon, +1 Rage, +1 for support.  You auto hit and cleave on 4's, and your axemen will hit on 4's which is a 70% chance.  You will take a round of fire but if you throw some spear throwers out in front a few inches you might even get a ranged counter attack and block line of sight.  Then on your follow up turn you might just have some ranged support yourself.

Thank, you. but how do I add a musician to my army it's not in the unofficial Army Creator

46 minutes ago, Andrewithasword said:

Thank, you. but how do I add a musician to my army it's not in the unofficial Army Creator

check and see if it is a unit or equipment upgrade.  I'm not at a computer that can use the Army Creator or I would noodle around to find it.

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

check and see if it is a unit or equipment upgrade.  I'm not at a computer that can use the Army Creator or I would noodle around to find it.

thank you for the input, but I don't see it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrewithasword said:

thank you for the input, but I don't see it

I'll try and look when I get home.  Won't be till later though as I have a game tonight.

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'll try and look when I get home.  Won't be till later though as I have a game tonight.

never mind, I got it

Edited by Andrewithasword
  • Like 1

Also you can use Nadezhda to dominate someone to squish Venomspite. I totally forgot about her, and shouldn't have because she is in almost all of my Icingstead lists. I consider her one of the best casters in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Also you can use Nadezhda to dominate someone to squish Venomspite. I totally forgot about her, and shouldn't have because she is in almost all of my Icingstead lists. I consider her one of the best casters in the game.

Thanks, for feed back. I was going to do that in one of my games but she got killed, before I do it.