Gus Landt

Sisters of the Blade

41 posts in this topic

Ok, here is a revised list based on your suggestions and stubbornly sticking to the Sable Guard.

Joeliyn

Sister Kendra

Kyla

Sable Guard x 6

Duelist x 3

Neva

Chain Sister x 3

Blade Warden x 3

Callindra

Sable Guard x 4

Marda

Sable Guard x 3

Luck Stone

1000 points, 28 Models, 62 Tracks.

As long as you are able to keep spread out and make your swift attacks and run away a good distance, then this is actually a very affective list with the luck stones garnered from the doctrine.

You got me thinking.. So, of course I played around some more.

Sisterhood - 1000 points

Troop 1

Joeliyn, Leader of the Blade

Kyla, Vampire Hunter

Sable Guard x 10

Troop 2

Kassandra of the Blade

Shadow Sister x 4

Troop 3

Marda of the Blade

Chain Sister x 2

Blade Warden x 2

Duelist

Troop 4

Marda of the Blade

Sable Guard x 4

Extra

Luck Stone

-------------------------------

4 troops +2 spies

28 models (61 DTs)

That is a very cool list you posted Jason. Do you think it would be worth it with these Sable Guard swarm lists to add in a totem? Or are there just not enough swings to justify the cost?

Well, I specifically put them in troop 1 because of Joeliyn's ability to cast bless. Add to that the combo of the faction doctrine with Joeliyn's Warlord affect and you are looking at some serious potential for cleaves right there. Blessed they have a MAV 7 for that cleave. With a +2 luckstone, they are now looking at what amounts to MAV 9 for those as long as you have luckstones. But, it works because you have Kassandra and the 2 Mardas out there trying to gain more luck stones.

I think you would have to lose too many models to gain the totem. You would either have to take away a troop (taking one of those stone gathering leaders away) or you would have to seriously deplete the power of the first troop. But, one change that I might do since I just noticed that it is not unique is drop one sable from troop 1 in favor of gaining three Armor of Mettles (Joe, and the Mardas).

I know you were wanting all sables, but I kept my troop 2 and 3 in there to balance out the lack of swings of the sables. The sables look good for what they do, but you have to account for an opponent that wont let them run free.

Aside from Crusaders I also picked up a Sister army and I need a little information. I do not have access to the SN book so hopefully someone can answer the following questions. What is Samantha's warlord benefit? What are our faction doctrines? What do we have access to in regards to gear and spells?

I figure I am asking a lot but I really cannot get a hold of the book for myself.

Aside from Crusaders I also picked up a Sister army and I need a little information. I do not have access to the SN book so hopefully someone can answer the following questions. What is Samantha's warlord benefit? What are our faction doctrines? What do we have access to in regards to gear and spells?

I figure I am asking a lot but I really cannot get a hold of the book for myself.

There is a reason why you cannot find any fraction doctrine or warlord benefit on the forum and I doubt very much the moderator will allow that. The specific spells and equipment can be found in the army builder output page. You can pick up a copy from Amazon at $28.

So I only have the Savage North book to look through, but as far as I can tell, Samantha of the Blade has the least useful Warlord ability in the game.

Are there any "Southern" warlords that might challenge that?

Am I the only person who thinks that Sam's warlord ability is terrible? (I am a great big hater to be fair)

Reasons?

Well 12 months since anyone posted here...

Knarfy seems pretty on the money, Samantha's Warlord boost is well behind Joeliyn if nothing else, especially with the Mercs @ Heart Doctrine. Now the force I'm working on assembling uses Joeliyn & Mercs @ Heart but after reading the doctrines I had to assemble an Angels force, so here is take 1 on an Angelic sisters force.

Warlord: Samantha Doctrine: Angels of Justice

Army: Luck Stone

Troop 1

Samantha of the Blade (Wings of Vengeance, Magic Weapon)

Siellendria, Spell Sister

Blade Warden

Bow Sister

Chain Sister

Troop 2

Nicole of the Blade (Magic Weapon)

Angelic Warrior

Duelist

Blade Warden

Chain Sister

Troop 3

Callindra Silverspell (Silver Weapon)

Angelic Warrior

Duelist

Blade Warden

Bow Sister

Troop 4

Angel of Vengeance (Magic Weapon)

Angelic Warrior x 2

Edited by ObsidianCrane
2 people like this

I see this board has been silent for quite a while and thought I would stir the pot a bit.  So I had been discussing the two warlords with Humansquish and we disagreed on who was the better of the two.  I like Samantha more with the Wings, and mettle to turn her into a very hard to kill powerhouse, While Humansquish likes Joeliyn which with her warlord ability can be potent, and Samantha has a nearly useless ability.  But for spell casters I just feel Joeliyn is very low on warlord casters, her 5 spell points limits her lists, and her cp is not anything to write home about (of course my bad luck on spell casting rolls is incredible).  So here are 2 armies that are kind of similar to one another and I will see how you guys like them.

Troop 1

142   Samantha of the Blade

15   +Wings of Vengence

7   +Armor of Mettle

77   Sister Kendra

12   +Familiar

72   Nalada

7   +Armor of Mettle

50   Kyla, Vampire Hunter

62   2xSable Guard

84   3xChain Sister

Troop 2

39   Kassandra of the Blade

36   2xBlade Warden

68   2xShadow Sister

Troop 3

87   Volendria of the Blade

10   +Armor of Mettle

Troop 4

129   Angel of Vengeance

100   Totem of Battle

3   Luck Stone

1000   Pts

16   Units

43   DTs

Army 2

Troop 1

128   Joeliyn, Leader of the Blade

15   +Familiar

10   +Armor of Mettle

77   Sister Kendra

15   +Familiar

72   Nalada

10   +Armor of Mettle

50   Kyla, Vampire Hunter

15   +Magic Ranged Weapon

62   2xSable Guard

56   2xChain Sister

Troop 2

39   Kassandra of the Blade

36   2xBlade Warden

68   2xShadow Sister

Troop 3

87   Volendria of the Blade

18   +Wings of Vengance

10   +Armor of Mettle

Troop 4

129   Angel of Vengeance

100   Totem of Battle

3   Luck Stone

1000   Pts

15   Units

40   DTs

These were designed to be very similar armies just to use as a comparison with one another. So would they perform to a similar level? Or would one do better than another do you think?