Gus Landt

Dark Elves of Darkreach

35 posts in this topic

Thanks, I completely missed the Duskwidow issue... I guess it was because I added 1 Nightshade and when I increased their number I forgot to look at her troop stat. And I assumed you gave Majestrix the book? 

I had originally envisioned using the raiders to be a hit and run unit with my original plan to have a musician in the troop but ultimately didn't have the points, so the Shadow Tactics doctrine seemed like a potential compromise. I also wanted to incorporate a dragon in this army along with a Shade Beast, though originally I wanted more Beasts, but again the available points just weren't there and I did want to keep the model focus on elves.

Darkreach

- 999 points

Troop 1 (438 pts)
Majestrix Latissula, High Priestess
Book of Tactics
Doomshade Boots
Leila Mordollwen, Sorceress
Familiar
Avrix Dirthe, Champion
Shadowguard x 4

Troop 2 (225 pts)
Evshyvandra Duskwidow
Abyssal Weapon
Nightshade Warrior x 5
Shade Beast

Troop 3 (155 pts)
Tierdeleira, Priestess
Familiar
Darkshade Raider x 3

Troop 4 (178 pts)
Aazhaleek, Shadow Dragon

Troop 5 (3 pts)
Luck Stone
Total Models: 19
Damage Tracks: 44

Shadow Tactics DoctrineSavage North - page 66  

Shadow Step Darkreach models of the elf race have the uncanny ability to hide in the shadows of others. Any Standard Base Size elf in B2B with a Base Size 2 or 3 enemy or friendly model gains the Dodge/1 SA.
Dark Senses Non-elves are immune to the effects of the Assassin SA. Elves with the Tough SA always get to make Tough checks, even when killed by Assassins or First Strike/Pike attacks.
Shadow Vision Darkreach models ignore the Stealth SA when targeting enemy models.

I do not mind the list myself looks kind of fun especially with Shadowguard with  Avrix.  Those two in combination they wreck stuff.  Now with your two units with Nightshad warriors, and Darkshade Raiders I would change them for a combination of shadowstep warriors, and more Shadowguard.  Higher MAV and the Shadowstep have quickstrike which can be devastating when used right.  Or if looking for range switch out the Raiders for Shiver Spikes which are quite mean but do not have the defense of the Raiders.  I will try and post the army I used not long ago against Humansquish, which was unfortunately accidentally perfect for neutering his ranged and resisting most of his melee through the doctrine you have above.

1 person likes this

Darkreach

- 1000 points

Troop 1 (526 pts)
Sinisthreax
Avrix Dirthe, Champion x 2
Shadowguard x 6

Troop 2 (474 pts)
Mornenion, Drake Captain
Shadowguard x 6

Shadow Tactics Doctrine Savage North - page 66  

Shadow Step Darkreach models of the elf race have the uncanny ability to hide in the shadows of others. Any Standard Base Size elf in B2B with a Base Size 2 or 3 enemy or friendly model gains the Dodge/1 SA.
Dark Senses Non-elves are immune to the effects of the Assassin SA. Elves with the Tough SA always get to make Tough checks, even when killed by Assassins or First Strike/Pike attacks.
Shadow Vision Darkreach models ignore the Stealth SA when targeting enemy models.

Sinisthreax Warlord Benefits

Chilled Toxin All models in Sinisthreax's Troop have chance to poison their victims in combat. On any successful melee hit where the Attack Check is at least 3 higher than the target value, the enemy model becomes Poisoned in addition to taking any damage the hit dealt.
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Looter said:

Darkreach 

- 1000 points

Troop 1 (526 pts)
Sinisthreax
Shadowguard x 6

Troop 2 (474 pts)
Mornenion, Drake Captain
Shadowguard x 6

... Interesting composition.

To be Honest I think it was 7 Shadowguards in Sinisthreax's troop with 4 in the other, and armor of courage, a musician, and a tactician on an avrix but I only had a couple of minutes to remember and post before I had to go.

The way it works is if the opponent has a ranged army the Shadowguards form an stealth wall for the non stealth units, if it is melee heavy the higher DV Avrix is an anvil the Shadow guards hammer the opponent on.   Mornenion is used as a mobile DV boost to make the Avrix in his unit just sick, then move often with avrix to charge for a quickstrike to cripple enemies early especially if you can get cleave to work on the attack.  It was almost as simple an army as I have ever made but it was crazy dangerous.