20 replies to this topic

#1 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi. Do Reaper sell a PDF version of the first edition rules (and JoR)? I would like to pick up a copy... and not sure that I can go through the process of scanning in my books!

Thanks.

#2 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Sorry, I eez dumm! I have found the first edition rules pdf on the CAV HQ site, but I cant find the JoRs.

Thanks.

#3 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Sorry, I eez dumm! I have found the first edition rules pdf on the CAV HQ site, but I cant find the JoRs.

Thanks.

If you'd like the JoR's in paper, there are still a few copies I could pickup for you.  They're worth it!

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#4 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4112 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

The JORs were never available in PDF and I doubt they ever will be.

I was going to suggest eBay, but since you said you didn't want to scan your books it sounds like you already have the JORs, right? You'd just like them in pdf, huh? Sorry.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#5 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks guys. Yes, I have the JoRs in the dead tree version, but they are well used and the pages are starting to fall out. I guess that I need to either pick up a second set on eBay, or get to work scanning my current copies. Thanks anyhow.

#6 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hmm.  Can you remove the bindings then sneak around the university for a nice printer? :poke:

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#7 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, dont tempt me! Its just that I am a book fan, and the thought of tearing pages out of the binding is like a horror film to me. But, that may be the cheapest and best way. I will probably take out the pages and put them in a binder or folder... then scan and print at a later date.

#8 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4112 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

If you're careful enough removing them from the binding that you don't tear any, you could scan them, then take them to Kinkos or someplace like that and get them put in a ring binder. Heck, they may have some kind of service where they'd cut the pages out of the binding for you. Once they're held together by rings you could easily scan them for your own use.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#9 Teutonic Terror

Teutonic Terror

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi. Do Reaper sell a PDF version of the first edition rules (and JoR)? I would like to pick up a copy... and not sure that I can go through the process of scanning in my books!

Thanks.

go to the Troll and Toad online store..I bought the Cav 1st Edition rules and both JOR books for .99 cents each(new)..the shipping was around $5.00

http://www.trollandt...om/p150616.html
Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

#10 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

Wow. That would be a great price.... if it didnt cost $45 to ship them to me in the UK. :angry: For three books? Thanks for the link anyway.

#11 madcat

madcat

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

Wow. That would be a great price.... if it didnt cost $45 to ship them to me in the UK. :angry: For three books? Thanks for the link anyway.

Ebay! There are a couple of CAV1 rulesets and JORs on at the moment...
"Oops"

#12 Teutonic Terror

Teutonic Terror

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

sorry, didn't realize you where across the pond...
Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

#13 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Ebay! There are a couple of CAV1 rulesets and JORs on at the moment...

Yeah, thanks. But these are also in the US, and I have asked a couple of sellers are I cant find the two JoR books for less than $40 shipped. I will take another look, though. I just felt that - since it was first editiona and we are coming towards third, and since there was so much great background - the two JoRs would be obvious things to make available online for download.

And, no problem, TT. I am one of the very few non-US members here, as far as I know.

#14 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4112 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

I think that these guys were Reaper's official UK distributor. http://www.miniature...co.uk/Home.aspx Maybe they have a few JoRs left laying around.

-Chrome

#15 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, they were, thanks. I bump into their stall at conventions every now and again, although their CAV stock is pretty limited and mostly older versions of the things like fliers, etc. I dont think that I have ever seen them stock the books, but it is worth dropping them a note to ask. If I was really organised, though, I would just scan my own JoR books (for my own use only!). Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users