55 replies to this topic

#31 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12507 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Tim

Is this your "Big Game" for RCON this year?

I may have to try it. Played a few years ago & while I was semi-lost I had fun & would like to give it anther go.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#32 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2029 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

I don't consider it to be the "Big Game", but a lot of work has been put into it and there have been some exciting upgrades made. Thirsty Steve is going to handle the Reich games at ReaperCon. We are still working out the schedule details, but his plan is demos during the day and at least one or two evenings a larger battle. We will keep you posted.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#33 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

Die hard Reaper fans may get excited but I think everyone else has moved on to other games within the genre. It has a lot of steep competition in both the WWII and Zombie gaming circles. Maybe a new influx of sculpts would spike interest.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#34 armydillo978

armydillo978

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

.... Maybe a new influx of sculpts would spike interest.

I think an influx of rules would be more helpful. :poke: We have figures....just no rules.
Armydillo978@gmail.com

#35 Striker

Striker

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I played RotD several times at ReaperCon this year. I think the rules work. As far as the minis, there is a difference in scale, but I think that is something that could get worked out quickly with new minis. I saw a lot of people play and watch, so the interest is still there. The game could bring in a whole new group of players, both new and old school gamers. Great job to the team.
When the young come to the old for advice, they praise them. When the old come to the young for advice, they break their hip.

#36 MikeD

MikeD

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

I think an influx of rules would be more helpful. Posted Image We have figures....just no rules.

Rules are obviously a necessity, but based on my experience with gamers, its going to take some brilliant new miniature releases to really spark interest in the game. Like others have said, there are already several established WWW2 systems with dedicated miniature line (I personally own SOTR and quite a few of the miniatures to go with it). IMO, Reaper is going to need something to really catch people's attention if they hope to grab some of that market at this point.
Mike
- Lord of the Unpainted Hoard!

#37 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I picked up and painted up several "Reich of the Dead" minis, and noticed there was a "Reich of the Dead" forum here, but I was a bit concerned to see a thread at the top titled "So, how dead is this game?" I figure that's a bad sign. So, IS there a "Reich of the Dead" game? WILL there be one? If nothing else, these ought to work great for Weird War 2 (Savage Worlds), but I was just curious if there was an actual game attached to this line.

#38 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1847 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

There was talks, and I know that some playtest rules were developed. Very fun, using the RAGE system. I do not know the current status, however.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#39 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2029 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Reaper has the new rules. When I sent them down they still needed cleaned up a bit, but overall they are sound. I don't know what the current status is. If you want to do some playtesting for me, drop me a PM.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#40 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9171 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Considering we just commissioned this piece of art - http://sphotos.xx.fb...582177913_n.jpg - I'm really hoping it's not as dead as people think. I mean, That's really cool art for the cover that we *just* got in...

I know people have been discouraged by the long wait, but we've been burned before offering release dates and missing them.

**I hope you can see the pic - it's really cool! You might need to log in to facebook...
  • mercoutlaw likes this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#41 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3183 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Wayne Reynolds posted it on his Facebook page this morning.
http://www.facebook....&type=1

So... is the big meat cleaver guy going to be in the game, or did Wayne just throw it in for awesome sauce value?

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#42 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9171 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

He's going to be in the game. I *think* Kevin is sculpting him, but sometimes I'm out of the loop and get those kinds of things mixed up.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#43 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Great art!

I just finished painting up "Aldorf Hinzler" last night to lead my German zombie forces, and I almost have my "Sgt Mack Torrey" done, along with some US Infantry -- so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the final rules and army lists will be like.

Posted Image

#44 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14473 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product after having playtested and demoed the earlier versions for so long. I will especially like to see the new sculpts. Will they be in scale with the original RotD minis or the beefier named releases.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#45 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

So, since this is still a 'live' project, so to speak, howzabout putting the RotD minis together in their own section of the site? Even more importantly, howzabout releasing a RotD boxed set, like the Cowboys?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users