4 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie-Paper

Jackie-Paper

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

Well, here are the last few figures I had finished. I was meaning to post them sooner as they have been finished for like over a month now.
Anyhow the challange for me is I am working on getting my time down. The idea being that base size of the figure gives me the guide that small based figures are one hour, medium base 2, and large base figures 4 hours. This is just for painting not so much for the cleaning and basing. A lot of my figures are picked up second hand so sometimes they need a good bit more love to get them ready to paint.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

One of these days I'm going to go back to trying to paint stuff the slow and normal way. It has been a fun break doing this sort of thing though and honestly I feel that for table top play the figures are fine. I did not keep to my goal on all the figures. The large robot with the shield took a bit longer than I had wanted but I feel like he turned out better than average, the knights went a lot faster. They were primed in a metal color and I just went from there.

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3887 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

Excellent speed-paint work. The paint is all down nice and neat and you made good consistent color choices. Your unit looks good on the table.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 Anne

Anne

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Awesome work! The bagpiper is particularly cool. I'm always impressed with speed painting since I'm a total slowpoke. Good stuff! I notice small nails on the mech figures, they look cool, is it for design purposes, or attaching them to something basing wise for game play?
I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?

http://annecooper.de...rt.com/gallery/
http://www.dndlead.com/

#4 Ddot

Ddot

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

:B): Love the Centurion's paintjob. (Still hate Centurions, even with the Mark II nerfs).

currently painting: Bete Noire (Malifaux)

#5 Jackie-Paper

Jackie-Paper

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:18 AM

Awesome work! The bagpiper is particularly cool. I'm always impressed with speed painting since I'm a total slowpoke. Good stuff! I notice small nails on the mech figures, they look cool, is it for design purposes, or attaching them to something basing wise for game play?

The pins in the base are for marking the front and side arcs on the figure. They are just pins I stuck into little holes drilled. Glued in and cut off then painted. I wanted them to look like rivits for theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users