• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'm really setting the bar low this month - simply trying to paint at least 3 days a week, on average. NaNoWriMo and Turkey Day are going to put a crimp in anything beyond that.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#2 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5255 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'm actually being very ambitious. One of my WH opponents wants to play against Dark Elves, so I intend to have finished 1000pts by Black Friday! 3 weeks to go. I got a jump start, and have mostly done a unit of 24 DE spear (just needs shields, and half had their mail painted tonight). Hoping to have them done by Tuesday or Wednesday (to TT quality)! After that, its 20 Repeater X-bowmen, 5 Shades, a Dreadlord, and a Sorceress. Can I have them done by Black Friday? Considering it was a week ago today that I started the spear unit, it's looking hopeful!

Total to be done by Black Friday: 52.

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#3 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1872 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Real life shelved my hobby for a while, and November is already booked. At the end of October, I got back to work on some 15+ 'jewelry' pins for a niece's wedding. Sculpting, moldmaking, casting...it's a good skill building project, but not exactly involving miniatures. :rolleyes: Deadline: Nov 11. Beyond that, there are simply too many variables. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will know more about where I will be, what I will be doing for the latter half of the month.

#4 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3196 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

36 Genestealers primed and 8 more waiting for some work on bases and an arms shipment before their turn in front of Rusteoleum Dark Grey Primer. [Damn 3 armed Space hulk Genestealers!] Ohmu / Tervigon still slated for assembly, but 32 Ripper swarm stand-ins are in the queue as well.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#5 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

Dammit, quit reminding me about NaNoWriMo. I need to focus on MyDissertationWriMo. >:(

I will be thucking frilled if I get the party's two remaining PC figures painted in the next week. Also, I got a bunch of rats, and some other nonsense to mess with, which I'd be pleased to get properly painted.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#6 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3884 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Other hobbies are sucking up my time. I have an 8 piece craft exchange due the 12th and a 18 piece due the 21st, so that's 24 items I have to make in the next 3 weeks.

I may get in some Warlord this weekend. :)
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#7 Kengar

Kengar

Godlike

• Members
  • 1100 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

I've got 3 Space Hulk SMs done and want to get as many as possible finished by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That's when the owner of the figs will be back in town. I'd like to give him as many complete ones as I can.

Whenever that's done, I'll work on the Genestealers. They're primed, the just need painted.
If there's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness, then I'm riding a tire swing above it!

48 Orcs in 28 Days

#8 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hmm.

3 ratling snipers, 3 ogryns. The Imperial Guard probably won't all be done by the end of the year, but maybe not too much longer after.
At least two other non-Imperial Guard minis.

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#9 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:18 AM

Probably only getting the one PC done before Friday. (That's okay; I need to confer with the other player on the colour scheme for his figure.) Good news is that the first one is pretty much basecoated right now; I can probably get some highlights and shading done before my beer evening runs out.

Might finish the rats in the near future, too; those'd be a good speed-paint project.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#10 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3196 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

I've got 3 Space Hulk SMs done and want to get as many as possible finished by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That's when the owner of the figs will be back in town. I'd like to give him as many complete ones as I can.

Got pics of the marines?

Also, did you give the genestealers bases?

Did you do anything special with the 3 armed genestealers?

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#11 cerebro1974

cerebro1974

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

I will be happy getting to paint once a week, hectic time of year, so I will be trying for Saturday's all month long!

#12 Kengar

Kengar

Godlike

• Members
  • 1100 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

Got pics of the marines?

Also, did you give the genestealers bases?

Did you do anything special with the 3 armed genestealers?

My friend (who owns the game) assembled the minis before handing them off to me. I haven't done anything to the GS beyond priming (no bases).

No pics as yet. I'll try to snap some in the next few days. There aren't super impressive. All I'm really doing is some of the trim (like the insignia, visors, & purity seals) and the weapons, etc. Then giving it an ink wash.
If there's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness, then I'm riding a tire swing above it!

48 Orcs in 28 Days

#13 Dilvish the Deliverer

Dilvish the Deliverer

God of Underwater Painting

• Bones Supporter
  • 1835 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

Alright, fist full month back at the paint/hobby table. Goals for November are as follows:

1. Get some terrain done so I can actually game with the pretty pewter people painstakingly painted. (say that five times fast. Doug's thread over in the terrain section has inspired me to to get moving on this.

-Paint the resin graveyard set that I have had primed for 12+ years

-Build some stands of trees. (I've got various rail road trees, woodland scenics kits and Christmas village trees, so it just a matter of building so bases and finishing them.

-Carve some hills out of the sheet of foam insulation I picked up.

2. Paint my exchange mini once it arrives (must finish my order so it actually ships). At least I have a color scheme picked out.

3. Get some my Overlords done so I have an army to oppose my Necropolis. 500 pts would be good for now.

Should get #1 accomplished and a good start on #2. #3 will get continue onto December, but I'm trying to set the bar high so I start stretching. Let's see what I get done.

#14 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

3 ratling snipers
3 ogryns
2 non-Imperial Guard minis

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#15 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1872 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Cleared several hurdles, but now I'm a full day behind schedule and the turnover date moved up one full day. Good thing we gained that extra hour overnight, huh? ::):

Update: done with wedding stuff. Slightly less than perfect, but DONE. I need a nap.

Edited by GreyHorde, 11 November 2010 - 07:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users