Chronoscope - game systems

34 replies to this topic

#1 Lawgiver

Lawgiver

Godlike

• Members
  • 1211 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Are there any plans to make a RAGE system game along the lines of Warlord for Chronoscope minis?
Pulp, Sci-Fi, Superhero or other?
Eternity is really long, especially near the end... Hope you are ready for it.

#2 Warwick

Warwick

Master

• T-Town Crew
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

Wasn't someone doing a sci-fi game for RAGE? Chronoscope would be a game about time travel, so anything is possible.

#3 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12853 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

There was a supers game at RCON this year using the various superhero/villans Chronoscope minis, so I'm sure that is in the pipeline.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#4 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Is there a place to post proposed rules? I mean if you are doing house rules on say a Zombie Invasion, or is this an invasion of the intellectual property.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#5 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1915 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

I would personally like the see a RAGE superhero game.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#6 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10301 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Our game demo team are producing mini rules sets that will be published on our site for free pdf download that will be fun scenario games for battles with many of the different genres of Chronoscope minis.

I am still unaware of producing any books for mass market for this, just some value added website content.
  • ironregime and Erifnogard like this

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#7 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

I will expand on Bryan's comemnt. Chronoscope was never intended to support a game system. It was just a catch all for all types of minis. As the line grew many of us gamers saw opportunities to use the minis for games. What me and my team are working on are several stand alone sets that will include data cards, unique rules and special abilities to cover that period, and one or more scenarios. All of them will be based off of the R.A.G.E. system, which is what the Warlord rules are based on. The cowboy shootout game is being proof read and then should be ready to go. For other themes we have zombies & survivors, sci-fi, super heros, and even a natives vs. British colonials in the works. Sci-Fi has two human factions right now, but there are obviously lots of possibilities for expansion. These other games will be posted as we get them playtested.
  • ironregime and Erifnogard like this
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#8 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

OK, if someone developed some "homerules' and wants to share is there a place for that?

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#9 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

OK, if someone developed some "homerules' and wants to share is there a place for that?

To my knowledge there isn't anything for home rules. But the plan is just getting warmed up. Give it time to develop and it may happen.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#10 buckyball

buckyball

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

I have noticed that many of the Chronoscope figures are spy/agent themed. If anyone is interested, there is a SpyFi miniatures game called 7TV at: http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/

#11 Darkfire14

Darkfire14

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

Well one use for Chronoscope Miniatures is that the World of Darkness has released miniature rules in the Mirrors Suppliment. The modern miniatures in Chronoscope work well in case you want to make use of the miniature rules in that system.

#12 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11220 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

I've been using Ares for skirmishes. The game itself handles pretty much anything, for games of 10-20 per side (or more).

http://www.mj12games.com/ares/

If you just want simplicity, drop the morale and cohesion rules, and don't bother working out precise points values. That takes the rules down to a couple of pages, plus special abilities. There's a yahoogroup for variants; it has sci-fi and wild west special abilities to throw in the mix.
If you like how the combat plays out - and I do! - then add moral and command back in. Meantime it handles ranged combat, customised magic, and very diverse troops in arbitrary combinations, all at the same time.

http://games.groups..../Ares-Variants/

Sorry if this is wildly off-topic, I thought it might be useful info!

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

#13 ApisFurioso

ApisFurioso

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

i was just wondering if there was anymore on scifi senarios for thise with the RAGE system

#14 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

i was just wondering if there was anymore on scifi senarios for thise with the RAGE system

The answer is no for now. However there is a free Cowboy game on the main Reaper site.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#15 ApisFurioso

ApisFurioso

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

has anyone made data cards to be compatable with the cowboys game for other chrono figs like the nova guys

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users