• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

OKay, after pretty much abandoning my figs for the last month, here is what I am working on for Dec:

Thornfall Alliance
Lord Caver
x2 War Hogs
x2 Gun Boars
6 Farrow Bone Grinders - primed
10 Farrow Brigands - primed
Alten Ashley
Saxon Orrik

Blindwater
Bloody Barnabas
x2 Blackhide Wrastler
10 Bog Trog Ambushers
x2 Gatorman Posse (5 gators per unit) - need to buy 4 more gators though.

Firestorm Armada
Starter Relthoza fleet
(possibly a second fleet as well)

Warlands
Battle Box

Uncharted Seas
Iron Dwarf starter plus 3 extra ships

Exchange figs - got to choose and do these too

Right now, aside from the primed figs above, pretty much everything needs assembly, priming, etc. I'm going to try and get as much of the above done as possible this month.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#2 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5256 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

I have some carry-overs from last month that I'll be working on this month, as well as finishing up an army:

1. 6 Dark Elf Shades: flesh basecoated and washed.
2. 1 Dark Elf Supreme Sorceress: flesh basecoated and washed.
3. 20 Eldar Guardians/weapons platforms: mostly done!
4. 10 Eldar Dire Avengers: nasedcoated and washed
5. 2 Eldar Falcons: mostly done!
6. 6 Eldar Jetbikes: bikes done, pilots primed
7. Eldar Vyper: Vyper done, pilots need paint
8. 1 Eldar Farseer: basecoated and washed
9. 3 Eldar Warlocks w/Singing Spears: primed

That's a lot of figures, but the eldar are mostly done, just need some finishing work...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#3 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1872 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

Getting back in the saddle this month. ::): Might be overly ambitious, given everything else I have going on through the Holidays, but it's worth a shot.

Tabletop:
8 WL Dwarf Warriors (cleaned)
6 WL Dwarf Shieldmaidens (cleaned)
2 WL Dwarf Musicians
2 WL Dwarf Standard Bearers
2 WL (Dwarf) Earth Elementals

Gift:
Old Grenadier Guardian Dragon (20% progress from prep, prime & airbrushed basecoat)

Commission:
Airbrush, detail & decal plastic model, body only, '57 Chevy Bel Air (will become a drag racing, electric, slot car)

#4 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 16189 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

12x Kroot Venusian Parrotmen (skin basecoated)
Probably 2x nativity sets
another Martian Hinterlands tripod
Other stuff as catches my imagination

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper
Wonderland No More

#5 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

I've got 15 guys left in my Imperial Guard infantry, and then it'll be done, done, done. (Well, except for the tanks, but I'm ignoring those for now.)

Finish them.

Seems like a pretty small goal in comparison to the rest of you guys, but 15 in a month is a lot for me.

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#6 Darkmeer

Darkmeer

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

Okay, I'm going to try the role call just this once... I'm going to try to get SOMETHING completed this month.

D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Wizard
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Duelist
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Snakestrike Duelist

Pathfinder Miniatures Iconic Alchemist
Halbarand, Cleric (with a sword)
Deladrin, Assassin

Oh, and an Ironwind Metals Female Spellcaster casting (painted as a Drow).

There are more, but these are the ones I want to get done this month.
"These people are my family, not just my friends. If you wanna get to them, you have to go through ME!"

#7 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

I got started on my list over the weekend, but did not get nearly as much done on it as I had hoped, since my son spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening puking.

On the plus side, Bloody Barnabas is on his base, and the Blackhides are basically together, although they need some green stuff work before I prime them. I hope to get the gatormen assembled and primed before Thursday night - I took some flack last week for fielding the gun boars and war hogs with little more than legs and torsos (though, in my defense, I did not have them until Tues or Wed), and I want to avoid a repeat experience.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

#8 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1872 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

Sorry to hear that, WG. Unfortunately, my home computer did much the same on Saturday. Most of the weekend was lost to troubleshooting, parts shopping, data recovery and trying to migrate to a laptop. I hope to have it back online tomorrow night. Minis are cleaned of mold lines & flash, but not assembled, yet.

#9 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Thanks. It happens. The annoying thing is hearing "Oh, by the way, I am going to be gone scrapbooking all weekend, after I have been gone for a few days for a business trip." I swear, it's almost like my wife doesn't want to actually painting anything! ::D:

#10 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'd like to get a new figure converted and painted for my PC in an ongoing 4th Edition campaign. Other than that I don't hold out much hope for painting -- though my tentacle pit is finally sculpted and could use some primer.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#11 Darkmeer

Darkmeer

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Wizard: Base colors done
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Duelist: Base colors done
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Snakestrike Duelist: Base colors done

Pathfinder Miniatures Iconic Alchemist: Base colors done
Halbarand, Cleric (with a sword): Base colors started, needs more work
Deladrin, Assassin: Base colors done, especially pleased with the working of her cloak.

Oh, and an Ironwind Metals Female Spellcaster casting (painted as a Drow): Base colors done
"These people are my family, not just my friends. If you wanna get to them, you have to go through ME!"

#12 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Son is still sick (it comes and goes - doc says probably viral, and could take more than a week to clear his system from start to finish).

Bloody Barnabas - almost completely assembled, still needs one piece attached and some green stuff.
x2 Blackhide Wrastler - waiting for the green stuff
3 Gatorman trimmed and assembled, waiting for the green stuff

That's all I have managed to do so far. I did pick up Caliban the Grave Walker too, so I will try to put him together too.

#13 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1872 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

Replaced motherboard in the PC last night, still no improvement. Might be the processor, might be something else. Troubleshooting, chasing parts, job search, a pickup load of firewood that's too wet to use :angry: and a few other things take time I would rather spend assembling and priming minis.

#14 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Picked up some new sculpting tools and a better pin vise. Might actually put them to use this weekend!

#15 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:33 AM

Picked up some new sculpting tools and a better pin vise. Might actually put them to use this weekend!

Only off by one day. Added a hood and stole to 60032: Seltyiel. Proper tools make a big difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users