Photo

Chronoscope Bases: Please can we have something different?

31 replies to this topic

#1 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

I dislike the 30mm bases that Chronoscope has been switched to, and prefer GW-style 28mm round bases. So I'd like to know:

1. Why did you guys switch?

2. Why not switch back? Switch Back, Please!

#2 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5996 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

And other people like the 30mm bases. Such is life. Fortunately, there are a number of places that sell bases of various sizes in bulk lots inexpensively.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#3 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:33 AM

Some of us have more GW-ish 25mm rounds than we'll ever use...

...don't suppose you'd like to trade a few? ::):

Wzrd1

#4 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5996 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Seriously. I can't seem to get rid of those damn things. Ditto for 20mm squares. *looks pointedly at Beowulf*

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#5 Bruunwald

Bruunwald

Godlike

• Members
  • 1489 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Love 30mm bases. Have boxes full of other bases if I need them. Bases are cheap. This seems a non-problem.
CreepyTown Miniatures is now on Facebook!
www.creepytownminis.com

#6 Coelacanth1938

Coelacanth1938

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

How about different kinds of 30mm bases?
Something that looks like a wooden deck or metal plates or muddy ground or a tile floor would be nice.
They're just plastic after all.

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10494 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

This has echoes for me of the great Integral Bases Vs Slotted Tab Bases War of 2005, or the Round vs. Square Base Debates of 2007. Same Story, Different Thread.

In the end, we service hundreds of thousands of customers each year with miniatures for all sorts of needs - whether for RPGs, who want Integral Bases for ease of play OR 1" squares because that's how the grid is set up on the table OR 25mm round because that's what WotC uses on their plastics so it makes a cohesive "look"; or for Painting, who want slotted tabs and the freedom to choose their own base or no base OR they like the rounded 30mm bases OR they want simple squares OR they want an attractive pre-textured decroative base that's interesting and fun to paint, oh, and fits the "theme" of their piece; or for Tabletob wargaming, who want bases taht exactly match the bases used for the precise game they play, and it turns out that every wargame ever uses a base that in one way or another is slightly different. Corner radius. 22mm vs 25mm base 20mm base round, hex, square, whatever.

TL;DR

Bottom line: We try to innovate and service the various needs of the community to the best of our ability. As a slotted base, it is easily interchanged with any other slotted base of your choosing. Heck, we might even be able to offer you a credit for the bases if you return them to us at ReaperCon. We've been known to do that before!

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#8 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6849 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Bryan, quit trying to bring reason to this conversaton! Posted Image

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#9 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10494 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

My apologies.

Perhaps this would be more suitable:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#10 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

My apologies.

Perhaps this would be more suitable:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're both right.

But as the original poster, I still win! (It's my thread, after all.)

#11 cerebro1974

cerebro1974

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

Bigger bases means more basing options, I love it!

#12 mercoutlaw

mercoutlaw

Uber-Mensch

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

I prefer bigger bases, as Cerebro1974 said, much more basing ability! And has been stated, bases are dirt cheap, at least Reaper does us the favor of including one for us unlike some other companies! Bottom line, you want any bases, Jame, send me a PM I could provide you with many of any shape and or size desired!
"Mercy," they cry, every one,
But he's got none of that.
Left a trail of blood and tears
'Til King of Hell, he sat

Posted Image

#13 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

I prefer bigger bases, as Cerebro1974 said, much more basing ability! And has been stated, bases are dirt cheap, at least Reaper does us the favor of including one for us unlike some other companies! Bottom line, you want any bases, Jame, send me a PM I could provide you with many of any shape and or size desired!

Thank you for the offer; we'll see what happens. (Gotta get some things sorted out before I get more miniatures.)

#14 mercoutlaw

mercoutlaw

Uber-Mensch

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

offer is always on the table, friend.
"Mercy," they cry, every one,
But he's got none of that.
Left a trail of blood and tears
'Til King of Hell, he sat

Posted Image

#15 Amalor Myrnnyx

Amalor Myrnnyx

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

I guess the thing to remember is, you can always buy or trade for the bases you want. Personally, I prefer squares to rounds, but I still hang on to those round bases for trade bait.

You'll want to be careful, though, with the "my thread, I win" attitude. You'll find that people won't want to trade with or assist you if you come across like a jerk.
-James Degenhardt
Myrnnyx Mini Gallery

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users