50 replies to this topic

#1 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

Working on Chaos Space marines GW and Chronoscope about ten for the month
Call of Cthulhu game figures from Chronoscope line roughly five pulp figures.

One of my resolutions was to get some "down time" to relax. This will work.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#2 Kengar

Kengar

Godlike

• Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

I AM going to finish these Space Hulk minis for my friend. I've got about 5-6 of the terminators done and one genestealer. I'm getting the hang on the color schemes and streamlining the process, but the models are different enough that I have to approach each SM in a new way.

I've also got several models for Warlord I'd like to get through for me, including Acacia and some archers, a handful of skellies, and a couple reven. Kristianna is waiting patiently in the wings, but I'm not going to speed paint her.

If by some miracle I get through all that, I also have a 10 man CSM squad ready for painting as Alpha Legion.

For Feb., my plan is a dipping project. I want to try and prep, prime, and paint an "army" and use minwax for a dip. I'm thinking of using either my Skull Pass gobbos or a ROTK box of Gondorians and Orcs for the minis.
If there's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness, then I'm riding a tire swing above it!

48 Orcs in 28 Days

#3 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17014 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

I currently have this bit of optimism that says I'm going to finish everything with paint already on it before starting anything else.

Some of these have survived half-painted for three years. We'll see what happens.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#4 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Carried over & hoping to complete this month for Warlord Dwarves, by means of standard painting & brush-on Army Painter 'dip':

8 warriors
6 shieldmaidens
2 lesser elementals
2 musicians
2 standard bearers

Also need to assemble and airbrush another car model body for a friend who is into slot car racing. My daughter has also reminded me to complete a dragon for her that was started early 2010 as airbrush practice.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#5 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1909 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

I have a year goal to paint 200 minis. I would also like to finish all the minis I said I would paint for others, of which there are 7. I would also like to pick a couple of projects to work on for the Reapercon painting contest and finish them to a standard I am happy with.

"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#6 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5492 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

My goal is to not buy anything new until I finish what I currently have...

BWAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha...!

<wipes tear from eye>

Yeah, I'm a funny guy...

More realistically I'm going to try to finish up a couple of armies and buy a Forgeworld Revenant titan for some Apocalypse goodness...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#7 Darkmeer

Darkmeer

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1000 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Due to a car breaking down (and being limited to one vehicle for the past week and a half... rah), I didn't finish all the minis up I wanted to. SO, here's my list:

Ironwind Metals Female Mage casting (painted as female drow, tabletop standard): Done.
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Pyromancer: 3/4 done
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Duelist: 3/4 done
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Snakestrike Duelist: 3/4 done
Damiel, Iconic Pathfinder Alchemist: 2/3 done
Halbarand, Cleric with sword: 1/2 done
Deladrin, Assassin: 8/10 done

D&D Chainmail Otyugh: (my first) Scenic base done, gap filling done.
Elori Ebonscythe conversion (High Exemplar Kreoss alt sculpt arm instead of the scythe arm): Primed.
D&D Chainmail Slaughterpit Gnoll Zombie: Put together and gaps filled.

I might even get the chainmail grey elf minis done this week... we'll see.
"These people are my family, not just my friends. If you wanna get to them, you have to go through ME!"

#8 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hmmm.

Think I'll aim for...

All 15 goblins I've got, not part of an army, just for RPGs
4 other things

2014 Stats: 22 painted, 21 purchased. 22/2 - 21 = -10

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#9 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

First time entering anything into one of these roll-call threads. Always figured it would be like teeing up a fail. But, New Year -- try new things.

[.x.] 1. Paint nine patches of swampland (a terrain project). -9 Jan.
[. .] 2. Convert a Fantasy figure of some sort.
[. .] 3. Send item #2 away to be painted.
[. .] 4. Paint something for my much neglected Reven Army.

Hmmm, four is enough -- start small. Add more later, perhaps. Is it customary to edit this post once items get completed or just make a new post?
:unsure:

Edited by WizardOne, 09 January 2011 - 05:30 PM.

Wzrd1

#10 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9235 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

My to do list is pretty long and I've received more for Christmas, though what I don't exactly know yet. My goals for January are going to be modest, finish my remaining Mauridian ships and clean mold lines on some other stuff. May get froggy and paint some 15mm stuff.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#11 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

It'd be nice to actually finish off the WIPs I have open, and the other figures in partial or full assembly on my workbench. I just boxed up all my unassembled minis, and I still have about a dozen to choose from (counting the eight goblins as two four-packs and the pair o' Hormagaunts as a single project).

A friend of mine found his 2nd-edition (of WH40k!) Eldar sitting around his parents' basement along with some old Battletech figs, and sent 'em off to me under the dubious assumption that I'd give 'em a good home. This makes me want to dig out my Eldar, paint up an army, and auction it off for Child's Play in November. No way I'm likely to finish by then at the pace I've been painting, but it's worth a try.
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#12 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hrm, well, I pretty much need to work on the following:

Exchange figs - unit exchange, conversion exchange, etc.

Gatormen posse - I'm doing the color test for the first unit. Not entirely displeased, just not sure if it is what I want to do with them. If so, I want to finish both units of 3 figs each.

Random terrain projects - making the templates for some Warmahordes stuff.

Drawing a blank, really. I have lots of stuff that I am currently working on, but I am trying to, in general, paint simply for the joy of painting. I want to view it as something I get to do, instead of something that I have to do.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#13 Leader of the Rats

Leader of the Rats

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

I'm going to paint no less than 1 Reaper mini every month while I finish up my Skaven army. 40 clanrats on the go at the moment.
Squeek squeelk

#14 Amalor Myrnnyx

Amalor Myrnnyx

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

Goals? Hmmm.

I'm not even going to count my weekly BattleTech minis, since those are necessity.

I'm going to shoot for 6 fantasy pieces, two BattleTech mini-dioramas, and Dana Murphy.
-James Degenhardt
Myrnnyx Mini Gallery

#15 Darkmeer

Darkmeer

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1000 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Ironwind Metals Female Mage casting (painted as female drow, tabletop standard): Done.
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Pyromancer: working along nicely, although I realized as I'm going here that the left eye is miscast (boo!)
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Duelist: Working very well, hoping to finish this first from the "grouping"
D&D Chainmail Grey Elf Snakestrike Duelist: I'm less excited about this mini than I was when I started it. It'll be done about the same time as the wizard.
Damiel, Iconic Pathfinder Alchemist: 3/4 done
Halbarand, Cleric with sword: 1/2 done
Deladrin, Assassin: 85% done. Flesh work on her face is a BEAR!

D&D Chainmail Otyugh: Scenic base, priming, and beginning color work done (24%?)
Elori Ebonscythe conversion (High Exemplar Kreoss alt sculpt arm instead of the scythe arm): Primed, flesh tones done.
D&D Chainmail Slaughterpit Gnoll Zombie: Put together and gaps filled (no progress this week)

I'm really excited to be getting so far. I spent about 3 hours painting tonight, which was a good feeling. Maybe I'll get this lucky tomorrow and actually finish something!

/d
"These people are my family, not just my friends. If you wanna get to them, you have to go through ME!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users