3 replies to this topic

#1 Corlock Striker

Corlock Striker

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

So, I'm going to be painting a Dark Angels Army, and have decided to "Dip" the troops squads with Army Painter Quick Shade Dark. I've read a few threads in here, and know to paint the minis a few shades lighter than the color I eventually want. So, I plan on painting the green areas of my Dark Angels Goblin Green. Problem is I've also used some black trim on parts of them, to make it so their armor isn't all green, plus I've got a Ravenwing Squadron I plan on painting later. So my question is, what do I do about the black as I still want it to have some highlights to it? Should I paint the black areas some other color like shadow grey or midnight blue or do something else with these black areas entirely?

#2 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5808 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Paint the black areas black still and when they have dried from being dipped just go back and add a quick highlight to the black and they will look just fine.

* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6234 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yup, what Heisler wrote. It's been a recurring theme for me. <_<
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 Corlock Striker

Corlock Striker

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

So, the paint will adhere to the glossy surface of the Quick Shade with no problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users