• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

Had a snow day yesterday, instead of painting though I played a one-page set of fantasy rules with three of my four kids (the 4 year old wanted to play Wii instead).

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#32 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Nothing today - had to go get my rear kicked in Warmahordes. And yes, I got stomped pretty badly. ::P:
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#33 WizardOne

WizardOne

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

Had a snow day yesterday, instead of painting though I played a one-page set of fantasy rules with three of my four kids (the 4 year old wanted to play Wii instead).

'...one-page set of fantasy rules...' ?? More info please.

Wzrd1

#34 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

'...one-page set of fantasy rules...' ?? More info please.

http://web.archive.o...asySkirmish.pdf

#35 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Posted a pic of the bugs in Show Off, started on the test paint for the Mekanoids. Oh, and also made a grass mat board that fits in my light box for photos. Thinking about painting the bottom black for pictures of my starships.

#36 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Got next to nothing done this weekend. We had to replace a toilet and a kitchen faucet, and even though I did not do the work, it still displaced enough other things in the schedule that I missed a lot of painting time. Watching a friends kids while she took the LSAT didn't help.

But, the Aptimus is partially trimmed, pMorghoul is partially pinned, the conversion exchange fig is almost done, and one exchange fig is almost complete, though I have to try out a couple NMM recipes on something else before using them on the exchange model. Productive enough, I suppose, and I am going down now to work on some things tonight.

ETA - conversion fig is not quite done. Not entirely happy with part of it, but it's still coming along nicely. NMM recipe wasn't as complicated as I recalled, so that has been started, and isn't looking too bad so far. It should be done fairly soon, and well before deadline. Got a couple figs assembled, and only drilled one hole in my hand.
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

#37 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

Posted a picture of my latest 15mm piece in Show Off, a Mekanoid Grenadier. The other seven just need bases done on them. Seem to be making decent progress the past few days.

#38 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Long time no post here.

Painting table is getting crowded. Goals for February:

Finish last 30 25mm Egyptians
King Thorgram
2 Dire Bears
Grave Horror
converted squad of boy campers (9)
Assorted Babylon 5 and Full Thrust minis

DRG

finished a lot this week. Also found a dwarven standard bearer conversion and finished him off. Just noticed a group of 16 Romans trying to invade my painting table. I think they're here for the Egyptians....but I could be wrong. :blink:

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#39 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

Aptimus is primed and has some color on him, Hakaar has the base coat of black on him, pMorghoul has been pinned and greenstuffed, the NMM is basically done (not great, so I might fiddle with it a bit), conversion fig needs only a slight touchup. Immortals are proceeding, working on their bases and main color highlights. Uncharted seas dwarf ships have advanced considerably, though they are still not done. Relthoza may have to wait - I am either going to have to redrill the holes for the flight stands, or find a way of removing the superglue that doesn't also destroy the resin. Praetorian swords are proceeding slowly.

#40 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Just sealed the remainder of the Mekanoid squad. Will post pics tomorrow. And to keep things rolling along, primed the rest of the bugs so I can work on them when I'm done with the Felids.

#41 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5622 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Just finished up a unit of 40 Night Goblins last nite...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#42 Ferox

Ferox

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

Workbench update:

Devout warjack (started)
Carnivean (started)
03462 Goblin Warriors (4)
Gargoyle
Norgol, Irongrave Knight
Dwarven Warrior (primed)
Young Swamp Dragon (primed)
Jolie, Scribe
Centurus Clones (2) (started/primed)

Only took me a year to paint her, but Jolie's done. Pics in Show Off once the sealer dries. Hah! Finally!
Unfinished WIPs: Centurus Clones
Blunt Object - vitriol, motorsports, and beer -- not necessarily in that order
Nerdgasm - gaming is serious business

#43 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

Dipped the remaining six bugs last night. Now just have the felids to go. Also broke down and ordered more 15mm stuff from GZG, but that may take a while to get here as apparently he's still working off back orders from the beginning of the year.

#44 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17466 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

Still current for 2/day for the year as of last night.

Got some stress going on, so the two doombunnies I painted last night...suck. However, they're done.

"Τὸ πλοῖόν μου τὸ μετεωριζόμενον ἐστι πλῆρες ἐγχελέων."   

Gallery of Froggyness -- The Worlds in my Head -- Wonderland No More

#45 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9471 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

OK, the bugs are completely finished and posted to my blog and in Show Off. 13 models left for my goal for the month. Depending on how this week and weekend go, I might be able to meet it for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users