Photo

Two questions of scale

6 replies to this topic

#1 Barrel_Copagen

Barrel_Copagen

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

One of the uses I've been pondering for reaper figures is for use in Two Hour Wargames games, like 5150. My question, however, is this: I have noticed that reaper fantasy figures, when mounted on Games Workshop bases, fit more or less with the Games Workshop scale of figures. What about mixing Chronoscope reaper figures and 40K figures? Would they "play nicely" together? I'm planning on a xenomorph survival scenario, surviving waves of incoming xenos in an attempt to survive until a dropship can come by, and I have a few nice 40k figures I'd like to use. I was also thinking of grabbing a few of the Novacorp line, or those guys who look like they're from gears of war.

Question two is what scale of vehicle model would work well? I'm trying to find a model V-22 osprey online (I plan on making it look more futuristic), so would 1/48 work?

Thanks for your time.

#2 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12526 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

I do believe 1/35 Tamiya WWII car models work with Reich of the Dead (a line here for Reaper), I'm not sure with planes thou. I have a Tamiya 1/48 scale F-117 & Reaper figs are all bigger then the pilot figure that goes inside it.

You'll be fine with Chrono & W40k figs thou.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#3 Bruunwald

Bruunwald

Godlike

• Members
  • 1440 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

1/35 is huge. Tamiya made a 1/48 WWII line that includes car models, that are much more in-scale, though they are getting harder and harder to find.

After much math and physical comparisons, I have become a firm proponent of 1/50 - 1/55 being the best scale for vehicles with most of Reaper's models. 1/48 works, but 1/43 is pushing it.

That's true of GW, too. Both are very close, and both are considered "heroic scale."
CreepyTown Miniatures is now on Facebook!
www.creepytownminis.com

#4 Barrel_Copagen

Barrel_Copagen

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Good to know that my Karsikans will look fine on the tabletop with chronoscope figures. Thanks for the answers. Looking online it seems that I will have to settle for the 1/48 v-22 osprey model, as it seems to be the only one easy to find in the right size-range.

#5 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

1/35 is huge. Tamiya made a 1/48 WWII line that includes car models, that are much more in-scale, though they are getting harder and harder to find.

After much math and physical comparisons, I have become a firm proponent of 1/50 - 1/55 being the best scale for vehicles with most of Reaper's models. 1/48 works, but 1/43 is pushing it.

That's true of GW, too. Both are very close, and both are considered "heroic scale."

yeah, 1/35 & 1/32 are typical to use with 54mm minis. 28mm/30mm is closer to 1/64 scale or S-scale for the train dudes out there, so 1/50 would be on the big side. With 1/48 & 1/43 more for 40mm minis.
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#6 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

yeah, 1/35 & 1/32 are typical to use with 54mm minis. 28mm/30mm is closer to 1/64 scale or S-scale for the train dudes out there, so 1/50 would be on the big side. With 1/48 & 1/43 more for 40mm minis.

True 28 looks fine with 1/48. I have Warlord Games US paratroopers, Tamiya's US Infantry pack, and some Reich of the Dead stuff and the Tamiya 1/48 infantry looks fine. A tad scrawny but height wise it looks so close that the difference can be accounted for by the difference in height between people. On a game table no one cares as long as it's close.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#7 ijewett

ijewett

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

A 1/48 Osprey would look great. I had thought of kitbashing one once also. Generally anything 1/50scale to 1/43 scale looks decent depending on what it is. 1/55 and 1/60 cars, despite being closer to the actualy scale used look far too small when placed next to miniatures. Tamayia 1/48 scale tanks look great.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users