Sign in to follow this  
Barrel_Copagen

Two questions of scale

One of the uses I've been pondering for reaper figures is for use in Two Hour Wargames games, like 5150. My question, however, is this: I have noticed that reaper fantasy figures, when mounted on Games Workshop bases, fit more or less with the Games Workshop scale of figures. What about mixing Chronoscope reaper figures and 40K figures? Would they "play nicely" together? I'm planning on a xenomorph survival scenario, surviving waves of incoming xenos in an attempt to survive until a dropship can come by, and I have a few nice 40k figures I'd like to use. I was also thinking of grabbing a few of the Novacorp line, or those guys who look like they're from gears of war.

Question two is what scale of vehicle model would work well? I'm trying to find a model V-22 osprey online (I plan on making it look more futuristic), so would 1/48 work?

Thanks for your time.

I do believe 1/35 Tamiya WWII car models work with Reich of the Dead (a line here for Reaper), I'm not sure with planes thou. I have a Tamiya 1/48 scale F-117 & Reaper figs are all bigger then the pilot figure that goes inside it.

You'll be fine with Chrono & W40k figs thou.

1/35 is huge. Tamiya made a 1/48 WWII line that includes car models, that are much more in-scale, though they are getting harder and harder to find.

After much math and physical comparisons, I have become a firm proponent of 1/50 - 1/55 being the best scale for vehicles with most of Reaper's models. 1/48 works, but 1/43 is pushing it.

That's true of GW, too. Both are very close, and both are considered "heroic scale."

Good to know that my Karsikans will look fine on the tabletop with chronoscope figures. Thanks for the answers. Looking online it seems that I will have to settle for the 1/48 v-22 osprey model, as it seems to be the only one easy to find in the right size-range.

1/35 is huge. Tamiya made a 1/48 WWII line that includes car models, that are much more in-scale, though they are getting harder and harder to find.

After much math and physical comparisons, I have become a firm proponent of 1/50 - 1/55 being the best scale for vehicles with most of Reaper's models. 1/48 works, but 1/43 is pushing it.

That's true of GW, too. Both are very close, and both are considered "heroic scale."

yeah, 1/35 & 1/32 are typical to use with 54mm minis. 28mm/30mm is closer to 1/64 scale or S-scale for the train dudes out there, so 1/50 would be on the big side. With 1/48 & 1/43 more for 40mm minis.

yeah, 1/35 & 1/32 are typical to use with 54mm minis. 28mm/30mm is closer to 1/64 scale or S-scale for the train dudes out there, so 1/50 would be on the big side. With 1/48 & 1/43 more for 40mm minis.

True 28 looks fine with 1/48. I have Warlord Games US paratroopers, Tamiya's US Infantry pack, and some Reich of the Dead stuff and the Tamiya 1/48 infantry looks fine. A tad scrawny but height wise it looks so close that the difference can be accounted for by the difference in height between people. On a game table no one cares as long as it's close.

A 1/48 Osprey would look great. I had thought of kitbashing one once also. Generally anything 1/50scale to 1/43 scale looks decent depending on what it is. 1/55 and 1/60 cars, despite being closer to the actualy scale used look far too small when placed next to miniatures. Tamayia 1/48 scale tanks look great.