• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

This has been brought up many times to WotC on our forums, I thought I would post it here. You've got the models I'd love to see in prepainted plastic.

Farmers
Labourers
Maidens
Drunks/Beggars
Groundkeepers
Barmaids/Wenches
Kids
Old Ladies/Men
Nobles
Merchants

It would also be nice to see LE on standardized bases of some kind. ;)

Top of the wants list:
Posted Image

The anvil is unnecessary, don't know how hard it'd be to remove though.
Posted Image

The two at opposite ends are best.
Posted Image

Maybe just the two on the left.
Posted Image

Not exactly what I'm looking for, but close for hirelings/henchmen and merchant.
Posted Image

Wardog = excellent.
Posted Image

Familiars: All great, hedgehog might be unnecessary, where a toad or owl would be better.
Posted Image

Familiars: Pretty good set, the 2nd dragon might be good replaced with a small snake or owl.
Posted Image

#2 fieldarchy

fieldarchy

Goddess of Pastels and Nekkid Chicks

• Members
  • 5098 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

Me too! Personally I'd like to see more townfolk available both in plastic and in metal. That's just me! ::):
Michael Genet: *chuckle* I guess you can. I've never heard anyone say that before, "I can be my own whore".
Me: No, I said, "I can toot my own horn"

Arcane Paintworks Blog
Arcane Paintworks Fan Page

#3 Leader of the Rats

Leader of the Rats

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Thirded
Squeek squeelk

#4 SteeleViper

SteeleViper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Fourthed-ed.
Posted Image

"There shall be a just measure of vengeance." -Ghost Rider-

#5 hunterfairbanks

hunterfairbanks

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

fifthed

#6 Yarkle

Yarkle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

I'd like the wardog that was originally previewed a few years ago.

#7 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

Is this something that the Reaper team has in the works? PPM villagers I mean.

I think with the paint wave set up that reaper has in place, it'd work really really well with commoners.

#8 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9624 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Is this something that the Reaper team has in the works? PPM villagers I mean.

I think with the paint wave set up that reaper has in place, it'd work really really well with commoners.

The Asylum Miniatures dev team has over 2 dozen figures in various stages of development at this time for LE. Among those in the review and development process are two distinct townsfolk models. There's also more PC-style minis, and more monsters, undead, dragons, and general beasties.

Not everything developed is released - sometimes figures just, in the end, for various reasons, don't make to production.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#9 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

Will there be a declaration if something doesn't make it? Like the medium dog or townsfolk?

#10 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9624 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Will there be a declaration if something doesn't make it? Like the medium dog or townsfolk?

Probably not, mostly because, as with the Kobolds, they didn't make the cut for the 2nd or 3rd new launch, but they did make the current cut. We found a way to make those go, so there's a distinct possibility that anything that got removed form a specific release might simply be pushed onto a different one.
  • G_S likes this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#11 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

What about a push-delay list? Or, is that rather depressing?

*By depressing I meant to the audience and people waiting for stuff, in the sense of a "let down".

I dunno, I think a status report on things (much like an airport terminal feed) might be a good thing. Status; arrived, status; delayed, status; eta 1 month. :)

#12 G_S

G_S

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

The Asylum Miniatures dev team has over 2 dozen figures in various stages of development at this time for LE. Among those in the review and development process are two distinct townsfolk models. There's also more PC-style minis, and more monsters, undead, dragons, and general beasties.

Can I have this guys job it seems like an easy job.
Since Reaper/Assylum only puts out on average "4" new minis a year from the LE line this guy has job secruity for yonks...
With 2 dozen (24 figures) in the works, that is the lines worth of figures for the next 6 years!
So this guy has the next 6 year worth of work done, easy job I wish my job were that easy.
I mean it's not like these are produced in a quick fassion, they are produced in a timely fassion, yearly, the Dwarf, Kobolds etc still aren't out yet from being shown back in September 2010, it is only 6 months since these were shown and then set for release in December, and the last NEW release before that was back in March of 2010... It has been a OVER a YEAR.
I would LOVE for Reaper to prove me wrong and get more than 4 minis out a year, but your track record has sown that we will not see all of these 2 dozen minis until 2017, we won't see any new minis till March/April of 2012.

#13 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

Can I have this guys job it seems like an easy job.

Beware of what you wish for :)

I just found this thread this morning and can't believe how much you guys are picking on Bryan! That's MY JOB~

Anyway, he is not allowed to "announce" or list projects or releases before they become reality. No one is. It's the whole Soon™thing. I will say he is on track with his statements and there are several models here in the factory and on there way, for release through out this year.

Now I realize it has been months since WotC announced the cancellation of their PPM line, BUT we are not the size of WotC and cannot fill that void as fast as any of us would like it filled. We are doing everything we can, as fast as we can, and you will see it all real Soon™...

I know, but I just couldn't resist...

bye
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

"mix not nipples in a box, for they shall close their nipple thingy" Bryviticus 1:12

#14 G_S

G_S

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

I will say he is on track with his statements and there are several models here in the factory and on there way, for release through out this year.

Now I realize it has been months since WotC announced the cancellation of their PPM line, BUT we are not the size of WotC and cannot fill that void as fast as any of us would like it filled. We are doing everything we can, as fast as we can, and you will see it all real Soon™...

Ah but this line first was first annouced back in what 2006, and the first minis came out in 2007, 3 years before WotC ended the DDM line and it has limped along at the same lame pace since then. I never expected this company to put out 200 Painted minis a year, I however did think more than a handfull a year was within your grasp. You have been putting out less new figures each release, it has been over two years since i came here last and you have managed to dribble out like 4 new figures in that time (as well the others still haven't been released, this line just isn't producing new minis, it wasn't before DDM was cancelled and I have yet to see it do anything since it was ended...

The figures choices are not what i am interested in, made my views known in 2007 and nothing has moved since then, why should I think it will be different 4 years later when this line just sits here doing almost nothing?

August 6, 2007 Initial release: 9 sculpts: 3 Orcs, 3 Skeletons, Ogre, Troll, Minotaur
May 28, 2008 Nearly 10 months later: 8 sculpts (Bathalian, Evil Fighter, Good Fighter, Elf, Human Ranger, Worm, Wraith, Zombie)
October 26, 2009 17 months later: 6 sculpts (but really 4 "sprues") Giant Spider, Bugbear, 3 Goblins, Werewolf
February 22, 2010 4 months later: 4 sculpts Female Vampire, Young Dragon, Gargoyle, Unicorn
STILL NOT OUT as of 13 months later and March, 2011: 3 Kobolds, 3 Giant Rats, Dwarf, Gnoll (4 "sprues")

With that release history there is no faith we will see anything new this year.

#15 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ah but this line first was first annouced back in what 2006, and the first minis came out in 2007, 3 years before WotC ended the DDM line and it has limped along at the same lame pace since then. I never expected this company to put out 200 Painted minis a year, I however did think more than a handfull a year was within your grasp. You have been putting out less new figures each release, it has been over two years since i came here last and you have managed to dribble out like 4 new figures in that time (as well the others still haven't been released, this line just isn't producing new minis, it wasn't before DDM was cancelled and I have yet to see it do anything since it was ended...

The figures choices are not what i am interested in, made my views known in 2007 and nothing has moved since then, why should I think it will be different 4 years later when this line just sits here doing almost nothing?

August 6, 2007 Initial release: 9 sculpts: 3 Orcs, 3 Skeletons, Ogre, Troll, Minotaur
May 28, 2008 Nearly 10 months later: 8 sculpts (Bathalian, Evil Fighter, Good Fighter, Elf, Human Ranger, Worm, Wraith, Zombie)
October 26, 2009 17 months later: 6 sculpts (but really 4 "sprues") Giant Spider, Bugbear, 3 Goblins, Werewolf
February 22, 2010 4 months later: 4 sculpts Female Vampire, Young Dragon, Gargoyle, Unicorn
STILL NOT OUT as of 13 months later and March, 2011: 3 Kobolds, 3 Giant Rats, Dwarf, Gnoll (4 "sprues")

With that release history there is no faith we will see anything new this year.

Oh damn, I missed voting in the LE faith poll :wacko:

You make it sound like we have done something wrong?

We released what we did, when we did. If you wanted more, you should have bought all the cheap WotC stuff on e-bay.

You make it all sound so easy, and I can easily understand from your POV why it looks that way. But, for the direction you are taking this discussion you are in the wrong forum. Ask your questions like this in the Beekeeper forum in the thread titled "Let the games begin" Be sure to read the first post in that thread very carefully so you understand the rules of the road.

bye
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

"mix not nipples in a box, for they shall close their nipple thingy" Bryviticus 1:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users