• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#46 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10369 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yep! "Asylum Miniatures" iirc was the faction that was supposed to look over LEs.

Asylum Miniatures is the name we give to the Plastic figures, because we had a hard time gaining traction in the marketplace under the Reaper name - people think of Reaper for metal.

All Asylum employees are HobbyQ employees, which means Reaper employees.

I've been known to be on the Asylum production meetings form time to time, my own self!

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#47 ScutigeraColeoptrata

ScutigeraColeoptrata

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

I must chime in on the excellent choices for townsfolk others have posted. My personal preference is towards some non-combatants, such as merchants, tavern dwellers, politicians, artisans etc. Such pieces add a lot of life to an encounter, and are extremely difficult to proxy.

#48 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Asylum Miniatures is the name we give to the Plastic figures, because we had a hard time gaining traction in the marketplace under the Reaper name - people think of Reaper for metal.

Ah-HA! So, I not crazy. And I'm in the right place. I half expected to see Asylum have it's own forum/site.

#49 Drammattex

Drammattex

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

I know I'm late to the thread, but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about how excited I'd be to see some townsfolk and generally support what Greyhaze has said overall.
I generally agree with his assessment of the original line. I like the figures, but bought only a few due to market oversaturation. That said, I might've started with the basic monsters as well, had the decision rested in my hands.

With the WotC line canceled I'm sure to buy more Reaper PPMs, but it's tough to say which ones I'd buy in large amounts. Variations of townsfolk, definitely. I kinda like how the paint jobs are changing year to year. Having two or three of the same model painted different colors is pretty cool. So far, my favorite mini in the line (and the most useful to me) is the good knight. I think it's an excellent mini with lots of flexibility.

At any rate, some nobles (women and men, medieval and renaissance) and common folk would be pretty awesome.

#50 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

I haven't been able to find the good/evil knights...

#51 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10369 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

I haven't been able to find the good/evil knights...

http://www.reapermin...s human warrior

These?

Both are in stock.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#52 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

Thanks! $5 huh? hmm...

#53 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

I must chime in on the excellent choices for townsfolk others have posted. My personal preference is towards some non-combatants, such as merchants, tavern dwellers, politicians, artisans etc. Such pieces add a lot of life to an encounter, and are extremely difficult to proxy.

I completely agree with you.

#54 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

So... what's new at reaper ppms?

#55 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10369 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

So... what's new at reaper ppms?

The Kobolds and the Dwarf are packaged and ship to distribution today? Does this count as new?

bryan@reapermini.com

#56 greyhaze

greyhaze

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Yep, that's new. :) What's in the pipe for PPMs? Like the next sculpts being worked on.

#57 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17425 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

I have locked the topic, cleaned out all the inflammatory and combative posts, and reopened the thread.
Please play nice.

</moderator>

"Τὸ πλοῖόν μου τὸ μετεωριζόμενον ἐστι πλῆρες ἐγχελέων."   

Gallery of Froggyness -- The Worlds in my Head -- Wonderland No More

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users