Photo

Minis we would like to see (Fantasy Version)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
331 replies to this topic

#61 Bluesabre

Bluesabre

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Pathfinder Black Dragon ::D:

Buaidh no bas

Servo et custodia

Figures completed for 2014: 6

Figures purchased for 2014: 1

#62 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1901 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Male Dwarf wearing platemail. Holding a shield and sword.

Only one in the catalog is old, and could use an update - not a fan of him at all.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#63 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

Jumping Spiders in several sizes.

Small enough to fit on a 1in/25mm round base.
Another to fit on a 40mm round base.
Then one that fits on a 70 to 80mm round base.

#64 Carlovonsexron01

Carlovonsexron01

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'd like to see Greco-Roman/Atlantean lancers mounted on Cryolophosaurus cataphracts. Its the flashy head crest that puts images of Imperial majesty into my mind.

Who could say no to such a handsome steed!
Posted Image

#65 Ranzadule

Ranzadule

Modlike

• Members
  • 2986 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Wheel of Time:
Links to images provided below--

Ogier Ogre sized but very different: http://t3.gstatic.co...0saK_SIUb83FrXg
Algai'd'siswai -- http://t3.gstatic.co...pkTlVAylZBgocX-
Maidens of the Spear -- http://t3.gstatic.co...eXNrT5osXS1QXxK
Myrdraal- http://t2.gstatic.co...FwvQwtLQDUO0zHO
Trolloc -- Beastmen with more variety of heads and torso armour: http://t3.gstatic.co...EfsLEsWFvZ7fSSg
  • Gryfter_92 likes this
KOMITATUS

#66 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3778 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Elvis Presley, Zombie Hunter.

I understand Gene Van Horne is working on a Buford T. Justice-style "Local Sheriff" and his Barney Fife-style partner. I will cheerfully buy them when they are available.Posted Image

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#67 Sir Wulf

Sir Wulf

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

I was considering the miniatures available these days and thought of a couple of ogre-types that just aren't available anywhere. I suspect that they could make rather memorable miniatures...

Ogre Bard: This rural troubador strums a primitive banjo. A battered straw hat shades his head and a greasy rag serves him as a neckerchief. The whip and spiked club hanging from his belt serve well to intimidate his accompanist, a chained, cringing slave/victim who plays a massive ogrish washboard.

Ogre "Beefcake": Obese and slovenly, this malodorous creature knows few females can resist his backwood charms. Greasy hair flows from his balding, misshapen pate as he strikes the pose he calls "I'm too sexy". Clad in a skimpy loincloth to show off his 'remarkable' physique, he afterward assumes a series of positions cribbed from the covers of tawdry romance novels.

#68 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

I would love to see Reaper finish producing the rest of the Demons and Devils from 1st Ed AD&D Monster Manuals I and II (with different names, of course). Examples that I don't think they ever did; Asmodeus, Geryon, Baalzebul, Juiblex, Dispater, etc.

What can I say, I've always wanted a full 'set' of these, and partial collections drive me nuts!

While we're at it, I do hope they continue to release various other critters from those books, dungeon monsters and the like. Love the ones they've done so far.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#69 mjacobson

mjacobson

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

How about some Mayan- or Aztec-type spellcasters and warriors? Or maybe like the Hovitos from raiders of the Lost Ark. These can pull double duty in Dark Heaven or Chronoscope.

#70 The Basilisk

The Basilisk

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

I've got to be straight forward here by saying furries - of course there's no need to acknowledge them as that. Nobody likes Furries, after all.
Decent, non savage, civilized anthropomorphic animal folk to add much needed diversity of race to fantasy settings where they are needed - mostly just mine.
Not beastmen, not were-monsters, not sickeningly sweet mousey midgets, just normally proportioned humanoid animals.
A simple set of Anthro Adventurers would be a god sent boon.

Get wrecked, Outlander. 

#71 Melbourne Mew Mew

Melbourne Mew Mew

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

A fellow player yesterday was complaining about not being able to find a wooly mammoth mini, so I'll suggest that for him.
  • Altore likes this

#72 Kenderboy

Kenderboy

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

Personally, I'd LOVE to see a medieval representation of a European unicorn, the way Peter S. Beagle describes them in "The Last Unicorn." They don't look anything like a horse with a horn, which is how just about every single unicorn mini is portrayed. Sculpt a horse, slap a horn on it. Ta-da! Unicorn. Not. While there is something Old School about this, I'd much rather see a more delicate, small headed, lithe, strange looking but beautiful representation of a unicorn. If Reaper were to tackle this, I'm sure a lot of other fans and miniature enthusiasts would leap at their sculpt!
That and a dwarf on a pony. Not a dwarf warrior, but a peasant or better yet, a merchant! I love Bob Olley's wonderful dwarf sculpts, and am amassing as many as I can find and buy and paint up. I wanna start a dwarf village. Townsfolk would be great! A dwarf momma and kids, an elder, a bard, etc. And a mounted dwarf merchant on a shaggy pony!

I'd love to see some more fairies. Some more options from various fantasy interpretations.

MALE fairies! With little thorn swords or shields! If there are females, it stands to reason that there'd be male fairies as well, but they are so difficult to find. A male fairy warrior would be cool. Maybe one riding a sparrow or something!

#73 Sir Wulf

Sir Wulf

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Tengu! Bring on those raven-headed swordmasters! I'd prefer minis that aren't specifically oriental in their gear, although some oriental influences wouldn't be bad.
  • TheSheDM likes this

#74 uncacreamy

uncacreamy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Female minotaurs. Minotaurs feasible for PC minis.
  • TheSheDM likes this

#75 mjacobson

mjacobson

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Wild elves. Ranger and barbarian types cloaked in animal skins. Elf druids. Know what I'm sayin'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users