11 replies to this topic

#1 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

you boyz here at Reaper thinkin bout doing any-0-your minis in the clear type plastic? id like to see your Spell Effect,(as a blue flame.) Fire Beetles & Wraith,(just to name a few.) in this form, myself.

once again, great job-0-it!! :bday:
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#2 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10353 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

you boyz here at Reaper thinkin bout doing any-0-your minis in the clear type plastic? id like to see your Spell Effect,(as a blue flame.) Fire Beetles & Wraith,(just to name a few.) in this form, myself.

once again, great job-0-it!! :bday:

Yep. It's on the table. Not saying when, but we know what to ask for when we're ready to make that step.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#3 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

i knew you folks would be all over it.

Tanks again, Reaper ppl!!
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#4 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I would've thought that'd be expensive. But reasonably priced clear and/or translucent colored plastic spell effects? I'd buy those.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#5 Stephen G. Roy

Stephen G. Roy

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Now waitaminit!

We get Bones, but the ghost ain't clear or clouded plastic??
Paizo/WizKids/NECA dropped the ball on their Spectre.
Reaper, please rectify this issue.
I want incorporeals that look incorporeal gosh darnit!
I did manage to pick up an old old old Fortress clear resin ghost, It arrived today. :)

#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Count me in!

Though in the mean time, if they delay in taking that step, one could always make their own mold of a fig and cast it in clear resin - for personal use only, of course. This would have the added benefit of being able to tint it whatever color you wanted...

Though it certainly wouldn't be cheap.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#7 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12877 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Having generic "class-based" figures (ie mini with heavy armor holding a longsword & shield, might say fighter) would be great as a clear mini. It would represent a invisible character.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#8 Da Matt

Da Matt

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I made a couple slimes and a cube that wasn't that expensive. The problem I had is that some of the surfaces that were on the mold came out cloudy instead of shiny and clear... and the bubbles. millions of tiny bubbles. I think it was the crappy latex mold and mold release I used though. Keep meaning to get a nice RTV and try again.

#9 Stephen G. Roy

Stephen G. Roy

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Picked up Bones ghost to go with my 2 other LE ghosts and Warlord metal one.
Clear plastic would have totally sold me on a handful.
Spectres and haunt need to be in clear plastic or even resin.
CLEAR PLASTICS PLS!!!

#10 Reaper Ron

Reaper Ron

Fantasy Brand Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

This sounds like a job for...KICKSTARTER!!!
  • Aard_Rinn likes this

Reaper Ron

"Weasling out of work is important to learn; it's what separates humans from animals. Except for weasels." - Homer Simpson

#11 evhorne969

evhorne969

Sculptor

• Artists
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Pit fiends have invisibility, don't they? Just sayin'... ;-)

#12 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11257 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Go check out the Reaper Kickstarter. Transparent spell effects are locked in (fire elementals, fire ball, fire wall) and transparent ghosts/ wraiths/ undead are coming up!

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users