Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady Tam

Unknown Demon resin

14 posts in this topic

First...if anyone recognizes this mini, please tell me as I have forgotten the details of who made him, his name etc. I recall getting him from Dragglestown and that is it. anyway I started working on him a week ago. he is a very fragile resin and had a lot of "flaws" broken wing tip, holes in the resin from air pockets and a horrid gap where the wings went together (As you can see with the green stuff) At the moment I am still sanding as I mixed my first batch of green stuff weird and it stayed....soft-ish....the second batch is drying. (Does it always take so long to dry?)

Anyway here there are...Though I hope the pics aren't too big....

CIMGdemonback431.jpg

I don't like how the tail attaches to the body so when he is all done I will be adding what looks like chain mail or a leather back cloth to cover it.

demonwings.jpg

demontorso.jpg

And this is the head, not on yet but hoping it will help ID the model.

demonhead.jpg

Tams

Let's see if my search Fu activates.... :zombie:

I'm'a guess that's part of the old Grendel/Leviathan range of resins.

slow but sure...some more pics...

the body and legs glued together

front

CIMG1493.jpg

Back

CIMG1494.jpg

I didn't like the plastic between the sword handle and body so I filed it out...ended up breaking it and putting the hilt back on with a pin inside of it

CIMG1495.jpg

I also decided I dislike the hair and how it will connect and started to grind it out and will reculpt new hair...no pics of that yet.

Tammi

Nice job cleaning out that excess plastic - well worth the resulting repair job. But fixing the parts you accidentally break is half the fun anyhow, right?

Kang

I plan on using thread or embroidery floss/thread about the swords hilt to make it look like it has been wrapped with leather or some sort of material. Still working on it ;p

Right been poking around getting this guy assembled and changing my mind on what I want to do with him to him. I decided I was going to try and add "mohair" for a 'real hair look" so I used a grinder to remove a lot of detail there. The hair will go up last. Right now I am working on the body color. I want to bring up a lot more red, so will be doing more highlight and shading there. I also started a base for him as well, but it isn't too far along as I am still debating on what kind of a base to do. But here he is so far...hope to get some more red on him this weekend.

IMG_0494_1.jpg

IMG_0495_1.jpg

IMG_0496_1.jpg

I am still thinking about the wings...a black or dark red color...that may be something I work out by just "doing it". He also looks a bit shiney now as well from the current layering and the flash make his look a lot redder than he is. here he is minus the flash

IMG_0493_1.jpg

Yes I am, this is actuall one of 4 Diaramas I am working on ;p one being a...Hippocampus! Ya water horse!

love that shade of red, nice!!

RM