haldir

Haldir's Sword & Wizardy PBP

1121 posts in this topic

Sorry, Note went Boom. Since I use repair by Rob (my friend who is a PC repair person) which cost me nothing...I can't really complain about the time it takes to repair :P anyway out my down time to use. Found my books and will get things sorted and typed up...it is the typing that will suck ;p

Tams

Your good, PC problems are a pain but nothing that can't be fixed (well maybe..... :unsure: ). Just remember this is Swords & Wizardry (free pdf of the rules can be found here!).

Also remember to make your character 2nd level & give yourself a 100 GP bonus.

later!

RM

Same to you & everyone else!

Hopefully 2012 brings happiness & joy to everyone.

So we still on holiday? I am still playing if everyone else is.

We going to sell everything? Donate anything? Are we keeping any of the treasure?

Can the dwarf identify the items that are magic? If so I think we should have the items identified to determine their true value and whether they would be needed on the quest into "The Temple of Evil". Especially interested in those arrows.

Agree that we should get things identified. Pay off the henchmen. Give those two guys from town who came out with the wagon a tip, too. Make a small donation to the church for their support (we are going to need healing and resurrection help from there sooner or later) and find a place to lock up whatever is left. It's copper pieces, it will spend fast. Maybe the innkeeper has a strongbox or those guys at the tower?

Just waiting on your choices with the loot & such.

If you decide to sell anything, the only people in town that will buy is the 2 goons at the general store. The moneychanger can store any coins or gems.

Chara's pretty happy to trade or sell most of the stuff away, even if to the two guys at the general store. She does, however, insist that Not-Sam gets to keep that pretty jeweled dagger he found in the snake nest.

& not-Sam agrees :B):

Well she thought about conning him into keeping that badass battle axe by telling him it would make him more orky...but then she thought about it some more and guessed he'd be better off hocking that dagger some day (in a town with an HONEST pawn shop) and paying off his student loans that he accumulated while getting his degree in clay sculpting at art college.

Oh well..could be worse. He could've majored in philosophy. *shrug*

Ok, lets identify any major items that would seem magical to the dwarf. Determine if we want or need these magical items for our adventure and who would get them. IE arrows would go to someone who used a bow.

Sell all the items to the general store for maximum gold.

Give 10 percent to the church.

Restock supplies,

Have characters that don't have a player leave. (or hire them as henchmen)

Have the new player start. (unless you had a special way to introduce him into the game such as retrieved from the mouth of a giant beast)

(Do we want the gem and money to be held by the money changer? Or have some other means of hiding our treasure.?)

I await my fellow players decisions.

Personal Note (I will take Slik on as my hired hand.)

I think Chara wants to keep Bodygaurd. ::P:

I generally agree with Raz. Sell the bandit's weapons and armor to the general store. Bank the remaining (sans our donation to the church) goodies with the money changer (what is that going to cost?) or with our friends up at the tower.

Isha has no desire for followers or hirelings of her own. She would like to get a heal potion or two.

If there are no objections to this plan by.... Monday... can we move on to the following morning, well rested?

Um.... if Body Guard can agree to Chara's terms, she would consider taking on a second hireling if her Charisma score permits. She totally wants to keep Not-Sam around though. I guess she has her reasons, but she can be awful tight-lipped about such things sometimes. I'd ask her, but don't want to wake up seven hours later with a huge knot on my head.

So...if Body Guard wants to be on Chara's payroll, he probably should learn to stop standing so close to her and mouth-breathing and/or drooling. If he can do that, and agrees to the same wage as Not-Sam, and agrees to never again do her washing for her without her consent (It's a long story), then he's hired.

As for the rest of Cory's plan, Chara will give it her stamp of approval, and only hopes in the end there's a good cup of mead and something sweet to eat at the inn. Frog legs have nearly put her off meat altogether..at least for a day or so.

Also Wildbill, can you send me your character information again. My new email address is haldirhellion@gmail.com now. Thanks

RM

A large hulking beast of a cat charges into town with a small humaniod between its teeth. The blood is oozing out of the puncture holes of what looks to be a ranger of sorts holding onto dear life. Screaming help, please help me. Upon seeing the dwarf trying scuttle away. The cat like beast spits the ranger out onto the main path in front of the local inn, licking its chops before snatching up the dwarf and darting away into the woods."

Hello Wildbill!!