1092 replies to this topic

#31 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12849 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

Sounds good

Also go ahead & put back the 20 gold. You guys acquired the horses & your current loot (ie what you have left over after buying all of your equipment) from your last adventure. If you'd like to purchase a normal riding horse, then feel free to buy it at what the list says it goes for but dock it off your cash.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#32 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Ok so what character am I rolling for and/or what is left for me to pick from?

You are using Core 4.0. I have and have used all rule sets for S&W so I am well versed on the rules. I to am a GM most of the time lol. looking forward to being a PC for once. Thank you for this opportunity.
The End!

#33 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

List of Players thus far

Inarah - Said she was going to be a Monk
Spike - Fighter named Chara
Tatem - Undecided
Razberry Ranid - Cleric named Coriander Waterspout

You can be a multiclass character.
He would like a well rounded group. Ie Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and Thief.
Can also choose a druid, ranger, monk & bard from the S&W Companion site.

So if you wanted to be the Dark elf Drizzt. Just role up an Elven Ranger. No other abilities other
than that of the elf. He just happens to have dark skin.

But the Referee (DM) as they are called in Swords and Wizardry is leaving the Character class and
race choice up to the player.

As I said I have other characters on standby if you want to be a cleric. If you want my cleric you
can have him and I will post my wizard or thief. :) I am not that familiar with Greyhawk either.
I found the deities at this wiki http://en.wikipedia....reyhawk_deities

But play something you will be happy with.

#34 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I am going to be a Dwarven Wizard named Golden Hammer. I am from the Dwarven Citidal named Adit Hall. Which is located in a far off land named Rathmalla. You see I was not always a Dwarf. I as a Wizard and follower of Cyndor I decided that I wanted to become a Lich, with out all that death stuff. One day I decided that I was strong enough to transverse the under dark and seek out a contingent of Mindflayers. Well as it turns out I was successful and it took less than ten years. Not being of the realm of the underdark time was a bit of an issue. I had forgot to reset my Hour Glass a couple of times you know that sort of thing.

Getting back to the story. The Mindflayers where not as friendly to me as I had thought they would be. As a matter of fact I had stumbled upon there settlement and ... When I awoke, I believe it to have been centuries later I did not have the body that i used to remember. I was about 2feet shorter and a bit wider than I used to be and was some how on the surface in a Dwarven strong hold. I have only fient memories of my past and am not really interested in them. I leave this story to my god, maybe some day he will provide the answers I am needing. Nah, not needing wanting.

Not feeling much at home in the Dwarven Strong hold of Adit Hall. I decided to venture out into the world and see what I might. It was not long before I realized that not only had my shape changed, but so to did my capabilities as a wizard. I had lost all my knowledge of spells except a few. This is how you find me my friends a lost Dwarf(and a wizard at that!lol Who ever heard of a... a... Dwarven Wizard!) with lack of capability and prowess needing a friend or several...
The End!

#35 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

I normal would not reply to my own post, but I did not want to fuddle that up with this.

Do you like and or is this acceptable as a character class and race. Please let me know. Upon your response I will roll my guy up and away I go.
The End!

#36 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

One more thing, sorry everyone lol. I will be able to post any time I totally forgot that I can use my smart phone for most anything now a days, lol. The only time I will not is when I am in a meeting or something like that. Hurray for technology! It will end us all!

Thank you for your time.
The End!
(the end is for me, lol)
The End!

#37 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Duuuuude! Trapped in a dorf's body!

Kinda makes being a orc trapped in a half-human's body seem a bit hum-drum. :rolleyes:

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#38 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I am glad you approve. Lol
The End!

#39 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

That nothing. I had a female jester reincarnated as a male orc. Loads of laughs. Orc's have no sense of humor. Roll of a 20 for the gods to reincarnate you seems to put them off, or they were just demonstrating their sense of humor. :rolleyes:

#40 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

I've always wanted to play a male halforc bard based on Flea.

For that matter, we had a guy in a game here years ago who based his bard on Axle Rose, and would only post dialogue that was straight from lyrics of GnR songs.

linkmeg.gif

#41 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12849 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Sure, go ahead with the combo.

Ok, all we need is Inarah to make up her character & away we go!

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#42 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4313 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Right, then.

Name: Isha
Race: Human, female
Class: monk
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
XP bonus: 10%
Saving Throw: 13
HP: 9
Hit Dice: 2 (1d6/level)
Weapons
___Staff 1d6 +1
___Sling 1d4 +1

AC: 9
Armor: none

STR: 12 1-2 open doors, +5 encumbrance
INT: 11 2 max additional languages
WIS: 15 10% XP bonus
CON: 12 75% raise-dead survival
DEX: 16 +1 to hit, +1 AC
CHA: 11
Gold (from 180 gp) kept 20 for expenses (after purchases), gave the rest to the poor

Equipment:
Backpack
Bedroll
Candle
Flint & Steel
Holy symbol, wooden
Lamp
Musical Instrument (flute)
1 Oil
6 Rations, Trail
Waterskin .1gp

Isha is a slim, dusky skinned young woman wearing a simple wrapped garment, her dark hair bound into a long braid. She tells you that as part of her ordainment into her order she must spend a year traveling the land, learning about the world, and living by her wits alone. She carries a staff, a light pack, and wears a flute case at her hip.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#43 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6961 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

Okay...so Chara looks like this lovely..um...lady... *cough*....only she's a tad more dainty...but ONLY a TAD moreso.

Posted Image

And she isn't standing in a field fulla brocolli...and she has a horsey. :)

She's alright once you get to know her, as halforcs go, but for the love of the gods don't call her 'Mister" nor make any untoward remarks about her facial hair. She also likes sweets, hates being woke up before noon, and will tell you there's no such things as "elves". There's only "stupid $#@%ing elfs".

And she's a Sagitarius.

linkmeg.gif

#44 Tatem

Tatem

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hear is my character.

Character stats
Name: Golden Hammer
Race: Dwarven?
Alignment: Neutral
Title: Outcast
Diety: Cyndor: God of Time, Infinity, and Continuity. Holy Symbol is the Hour Glass.
Str: 8 +0 to carry can open doors on a 1 or a 2 on a d6.
Dex: 8 -1 to AC
Con: 9 +0 75% For system shock.
Int: 15 4 Add. Lang. Max Spell Lvl. 8 75% to learn new spells minimum basic spells 6 Maximum spells 10 +5% Exp. for Magic User Bonus
Wis: 13 +5% to EXP.
Cha: 14 5 Hirelings +5% to Exp.

Equipment
Arcanic Robes no bonuses White with Golden Trim
Pointy Golden Hat
Water skin 1gp
Well Used Hour Glass
Back Pack 5gp
Bed Roll 2sp
Bell 1gp
Candle 1cp
Staff 1d6 damage

Hirelings
Man at Arms Lvl. 2
4gp/day
HP: 9
Ring -3 to AC
Battle Ax 1d8 damage
and carries my equipment
Weight is 50pounds
Speed 12

gp: 147
sp: 1
cp: 9
Gems: Green Gem
Treasure: None

Spells
Charm Person
Detect Magic
Hold Portal
Light
Magic Missile
Protection from Evil
Read Languages
Read Magic
Sleep
Shield I did not roll high enough wondering if you care let me know?

Combat
Exp 2500 Exp Bonus of 15%
Damage 1d6
HP 9+1=10
ST 14
Speed: Weight is 10 pounds
Base of 12

Did not take racial bonus to magic, because I am not really sure I am even a Dwarf at all? Or am I? What you talking to me? UMMM...(Finished conversation in Head!)Grumble...
+2 verses Spells to ST for being a Magic User.
Darkvision
Notices Stone Work

Not sure of how you where working rations and so forth. If we are keeping them and paying gold, you have an advent of a supply captain, or some other form of device to feed us ohh mighty DM. (I personal like a salt lick or feeding barrel. Umm Salt and Minerals...) Please let us know so as we and I may make our or mine adjustments.

Golden Hammer is the name. I am four foot tall and am almost as wide as I am long. I have a beard that stretches to my knees and is dirty blond in Color. I have strange markings on my skin that extends from head to toe. These markings also have a different pigment and hue. Which explains my wanting to where clothes that show very little of my body and face. I tend to speak to myself if speaking at all and most questions will be directed to myself and then again and then back to you in some way or another. My servant can some times help me with my communication having known him for a few years, but do not count on it. He is my servant because of his brawn not his intelligence. I prefer not to wear shoes of any sort. This is the only part of my body that does not have the queer markings.

If you are allowing cantrips I would like to be able to produce a small spark from my fingers to light candles, Faggots(which are for lighting torches[Not Gays]), light my pipe, and such on fire.
The End!

#45 Razberry Ranid

Razberry Ranid

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

Here is Coriander Waterspout (Cory)

Posted Image

He hair is red as is his beard.
He despises undead abominations and will go out of his way to see they are sent back to the grave from wince they came.
He doesn't like wizards who use such magics.

He has a copy of Saint Cuthbert and Common Sense that he copied by hand during his training as a cleric. This is required of all followers of St. Cuthbert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users