• Please log in to reply
1214 replies to this topic

#751 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6966 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Chara will check the wall that is opposite the stairway for hidden doors, but before prodding any of the stonework she takes a careful look along that wall and along the ceiling above her path along that wall for the sorts of little slits that arrows or daggers might spring from.

"Look out for flyin' daggers. I never been hit but One-Eye Danny say it happen all the time."

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#752 styates

styates

Grand Pubah of Fantasy Football

• Members
  • 3608 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Watching Chara checking the wall across from the stairs, Tiron moves over to the half-orc's left to check that wall for anything of interest. 1 on 1D6 (4 in 6 racial ability to actively find secret doors)
Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas
Email: syates@twinvalley.net

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#753 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4449 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

After watching Chara for a few moments, Isha boldly steps into the room and starts examining the wall to the left of the stairs. "This seems a very small cellar for such a large structure above."

d20=17
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#754 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 13080 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Chara,

You do not find anything but bare stone wall.

Tiron & Isha

You both find a hidden door in the on the left side.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#755 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4449 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Pushing the door open, Isha peers into the darkness. "I am thinking this is where we are to be needing your trapspringer, Chara." Then, to Tiron, "What have you learned of this place? What kind of evil is here?"

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#756 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3608 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

"Effective though it may be, the trapspringer may be a bit louad for this situation," the half-elf interrups. "I'd be honored to take a look for anything out of the ordinary."
Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#757 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3608 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

"What have you learned of this place? What kind of evil is here?"

"The only thing I've heard of this place are rumors of its use from time to time by various bands of bandits in the area," Tiron replies to Isha's questions. "I never heard anyone speak of anything underneath the moathouse."

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#758 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6966 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

"May just be.", Chara responds to the half-elf's comments about her trusty device. "But what kindsa things lives in places like this already knows we here. If I gotta die, I want it to be on my feet fighting, not bleeding out in some pit fulla spikes."

Nevertheless, she puts away her trapspringer and lets others have a look before the party moves ahead. An observant party member might note the somber look upon her face as she recalls the fate of poor Gorn-the-Crusher

linkmeg.gif

#759 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4449 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

"They say in the village that once there was an evil temple near here, and that this place," here she glances upward to indicate the ruins above, "was an outpost for the cultists. I thought maybe you know more." She seems disappointed that Tiron has no additional information.

Wrinkling her nose at the musty odour coming from the other side of the secret door Isha turns back to Chara and says "Hey, you remember that sewer, this is smelling almost as bad."

#760 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6966 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Chara is almost happy to recall that awful adventure as it clears her mind of her last recollection of Gorn as he tried in his futility to wrench his body loose of those dozens of rusty spikes, some of which were cruelly barbed.

"Yeah. Being kneedeep in goblin-s*** makes me glad I ain't a dwarf with a beard, you know?" She laughs and glances knowingly at Body Guard.

linkmeg.gif

#761 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3608 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

"The Temple that you speak of is in the town of Nulb, not far from here. It is a festering sore of evil and needs to be expunged!" the half-elf has a fire in his eye as he spits out the name of the town. He looks around at the gathered members of the party drawing his sword. "So, should we see what evil lurks here as well?"

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#762 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 13080 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Elmo explains that only the people of the Temple or the moat house would have known about this dungeon. Most of them are dead now.

The door swings open & As you poke your head in you see the following

The room is 30' x 30'. There are 2 doors near the SW corner. One is on the West wall, the other is on the South. The one on the south wall has small window with bars at the top.

A large metal pot sits over a roaring fire in the NE corner, a rather large but ratty looking "bed' is nearby, as well a table. You also see there are pairs of manacles all along the walls.

A rather large & very ugly humanoid is standing at the table, he has a "knife" in his hand & is flaying at something. He looks up as he sees the door opening & asks in very rude Common.

http://paizo.com/ima...120202-Ogre.jpg

"Who you?"

(map will be posted later)

#763 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4449 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Isha quickly backs up out of the doorway. "I think this place is much more inhabited than is to be expected, Master Elmo. "

#764 Spike

Spike

• Black Lightning
  • 6966 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Chara tries to size up the adversary as she tries to buy a little more time by bringing some high-spirited banter to the converstaion.

"I'm Chara, Lord of Waterdeep. Who the hell are you?"

Chara tries to get a look at the second door (the one without a window) to determine if it has any means of being locked or if it's just there to keep small vermin out..or in. She's looking for a suitable alternative exit.

linkmeg.gif

#765 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 13080 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

The door is wooden (they both are) & has a ring to pull the door inward. It does have a keyhole as well.

As you are eyeing the door the creature looks at you & says

"Uh'nuthr wun???!!!

"U no wear eye eethar!! I keeeeell u now!"

& with that creature raises the crude knife, dumps the table. Spilling the gruesome contents onto the floor & charges the group!!!!!!!!!

ROLL INITIATIVE!!!

Ogre: 5

Kayan (Welcome Kristi to the game!!!)

You had heard tales of the old Moathouse & decided to take a chance that something still might be in the place that could prove to be useful for you. Your hopes were dashed thou when you came upon the place & found things freshly killed. You made your way across broken drawbridge & into the courtyard & then up the stairs into the main hall. Noting the many footprints in the dusty floors. Upon entering the hall, you came upon the scene of a battle that ended badly for one group. Bandits from the way they were dressed. There still was nothing of value on any of them. Upon entering the chamber with black walls (obsidian) you came upon a lone doorway with a staircase that lead down. Never hearing of a underground part of the Moathouse, you decided to explore it. Lighting a torch, you made your way down the stairs, coming upon a small square room with no doors!!

Not giving up hope you decided to search of a hidden door. Luck be with today! You found a door on the west side or at least you thought it to be. Upon opening the door thou, you are greeted by a couple of black robed men with a red eye on their hoods. What was worst thou, they were talking to a large gruesome being. You tried closing the door but were hit in the back of the head by something & you blacked out.

Voices? You think you hear voices coming from a room outside the door....

"I'm Chara, Lord of Waterdeep. Who the hell are you?"

A female, or at least you think it to be female says

Responding to the voice is a crude, almost primitive sounding one

"Uh'nuthr wun???!!!

"U no wear eye eethar!! I keeeeell u now!"

& suddenly a crash of something & thudding.

You are weaponless & have none of your gear right now. Pretty much the only thing you have are the clothes on your body.

MAP:

(note there are small pillars in the middle of the room (small dots) these hold manacles as well) The ogre is the large dot.

http://i448.photobuc...ouseDungeon.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users