Les Seabolt

Hillbilly Ogres of Hook Mountian

Over the past year I have received Hook Mountain ogres for Xmas and Birthday presents, My friends know I love detailed figures but sadly I have been using the pre-painted D&D plastic figures for ogres because they are less likely to get broken or paint chipped!

Then we started playing Rise of the Rune lords and now are heading to Hook Mountain so I figured I should get these bad boys ready

The number one thing is that I swear as I was painting these I could hear faint strains of banjo music. I am sure these boys have a still somewhere!

2037133980101629488S425x425Q85.jpg2836703670101629488S425x425Q85.jpg2888156840101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

Still finishing the female shaman. Look out for true trailer park chic there!

Mammy Grall and kin are no joke..... Wish I'd know exactly what these were before our DM ran us through the Hook Mountain path. "Them ogres ain't right"!!!

Great painting. You really captured them.

~M

Mammy Grall and kin are no joke..... Wish I'd know exactly what these were before our DM ran us through the Hook Mountain path. "Them ogres ain't right"!!!

After being almost eviscerated by an Ogre Hook weilded by a half ogre, I am none too keen to face the real thing. Our characters are all Sandpoint yokels, and when we fought the half ogres we role played that we thought THESE were ogres and were not sure why everyone was so frightened. I am sure we'll have some fun once we get to the fort and see a real ogre.....

They look like they could be in the film, "Deliverance." :wacko:

Actually, that's the theme for the Hook Mountain Ogres from the particular adventure these are from. It was the shining meets deliverance, if I remember James Jacobs describing it correctly.

/d

Mammy is here. With her staff of voodoo dolls, shrunken heads and a wand that would make Orcus a bit jealous she seems to be saying "Come gives Mama a kiss!

Note the demon skull tramp stamp. She also has a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder (Sorry Desna!)

2933281800101629488S425x425Q85.jpg2184755470101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

2143557930101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh my god, those are the funniest and neatest Ogres I have ever seen. If I met them on campain, I am not sure if my character would not stsrt rolling around laughing. Of course that would be then end of my character.