Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kengar

Wargs

6 posts in this topic

You can see bigger pics on my blog here.

I wanted some warg riders for RPGs and Song of Blades and Heroes, but I didn't want to spend a ton on them. I had some WFB goblin "rider" legs from a an old Orcs & Goblins sprue, but I'd already made and painted the goblins from that set as foot troops, so I didn't have many torsos or heads left. What I did have were a bunch of Heroquest goblins. I also had 10 WotC plastic Timber Wolf minis plus a few Reapers wolves (from a 3-pack).

I drilled a small hole in each of the wolves' backs as well as in the "tailbone" of the goblins (ouch!). Then I glued a small bit of wire into the hole for each goblin. I then cut the HQ gobbos in half and glued their torsos to the WFB legs. A few of them I also swapped arms for bow-holding WFB ones. The gobbos got some quick paint and some Badab black wash. The riders are mounted on the wolves with the wire pin, but are not glued. That way I can use the wolf minis as just wolves as well.

Here you can see how the wire works:

unptwolfgob.jpg

Here's a closeup a few of them:

post-574-1309280590596_thumb.jpg

Here's the whole gang:

post-574-13092805560786_thumb.jpg

Here are the "squads" 1 & 2:

post-574-13092805633886.jpg

post-574-13092805697445.jpg

Here's one of them on a Reaper wolf:

post-574-13092805785473.jpg

I ended up with 13. The last one is not pictured. There's also this guy, who can be a sort of hobgoblin/orc boss. (mounted on a WotC Winter Wolf):

Vlack.jpg

1 person likes this

HeroQuest leftovers. Is there anything they CAN'T do?

HeroQuest leftovers. Is there anything they CAN'T do?

Doubt it! ::D:

those are nice!

Nice! And it's cool you play SBH too! That's such a fun game, and I like how you can use the army and character creation rules to fit just about any minis you own.

I never thought Warlord's goblin wolf riders were effective in the game. It'd be fun to see them in action in SBH.

Nice! And it's cool you play SBH too! That's such a fun game, and I like how you can use the army and character creation rules to fit just about any minis you own.

I never thought Warlord's goblin wolf riders were effective in the game. It'd be fun to see them in action in SBH.

The combat bonus for mounted and long move is a big boost for a runty gobbo. A pretty decent fig for 47 pts. Not much to do about their cruddy Quality unless you spring for a leader, though. ::):