5 replies to this topic

#1 Nolatari

Nolatari

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Is anyone a member of the SCA? I'm thinking about joining, but I'd like more info about it.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I have a rumbly in my tumbly

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.

“We’re starving artists, going to school to become starving artists. What a strange world this is.” - William ‘Hawk’ Salas

Posted Image

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

I was for a while and would be happy to answer any questions by PM. It's a broad-based "historical re-enactment" society with loose standards and an incredible variety of options depending on where you live. AFAIK you can hang out and play without being a member, but if you want to be an officer and get involved in running things, membership is required.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 Runestone_Cowboy

Runestone_Cowboy

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

If you're not into Drama do not bother joining. It's more soap opera than social club. Attend without joining that way you can walk away at any time.

"Ehwaz...but now I'm not."

#4 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4130 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

It's neat and educational. Actually participating in battles and suchlike does require membership. Although Runestone does have a point, particularly when it comes to nobles and royalty... there's more'n a little drama in there.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#5 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well a bit of Thread-o-mancy here. Are there any other SCA members here? I understand the distain of politics that can happen with them but also discovered that there are plenty of ways to completely avoid them and still have fun. Even more so when you find people outside your group who you enjoy talking with. Its great to get to some of the events and see your extented family. Its a lot like going to conventions where you get to see some of the people you only get to see once a year or so.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#6 Oakleaf98

Oakleaf98

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

If you're not into Drama do not bother joining. It's more soap opera than social club. Attend without joining that way you can walk away at any time.

Yeah,it seems here where i live,they usually host demos at the Scottish games and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users