So I'll kick it off. Fun looking faction and a direction Reaper should go. So far I really think Roderic should be Elite or a Warlord, but the Sky Guard concept is also very cool. Maybe halflings on giant owls? Anyways WTG Warlord team for this release.

Right off, the names bother me. More than one pun name is too many. Actually, one pun name is too many, but I doubt you can make a halfling faction without a pun.

I've only read over it last night, but it looks superbly done. I can only hope they will create a Kobold list down the line. They just need some more sculpts.....

Buckets of magic in this factions. And the Solos are magic related as well. Very interesting. That Storm Elemental is going to be tough!

I'm super excited about the new faction.

Note, however, that the link in the news article leads people to the Warlord Rules Discussion instead of General Discussion. Hate to think that someone is missing the conversation or, worse, that some people think there is no conversation going on.

My few thoughts:

* I thought the air element's immunity to cleave and mighty were particularly clever. winglock is a nice add as well.

* Potential new speed record with units with a speed of 11

* Like all the SA short ideas

* Storm Elemental is real exciting

* My equipment choices (with no play testing) would be: mithril shirt, second breakfast, teapot

maybe more thoughts later

OK names aside, play these guys and tell everyone what you think and more importantly WHY you think that. As for the names...lets hear your version, maybe it's better.

Cheers,

Brian

So far I really think Roderic should be Elite or a Warlord, but the Sky Guard concept is also very cool. Maybe halflings on giant owls?

Would LOVE to see that mini too, but right now ALL the halfling minis are in Reaper's inventory.

So far I really think Roderic should be Elite or a Warlord, but the Sky Guard concept is also very cool. Maybe halflings on giant owls?

Would LOVE to see that mini too, but right now ALL the halfling minis are in Reaper's inventory.

I can see leprachauns on owls working with halflings........

It's nice to see a halfling army.

We created our own halfling army during the Savage playtesting it is sneaky vs fast, with less magic but lots of short range, and we used lots of the little dragon models like the hatchlings, babys, youngs and half dragons to play off the glitter model. It's about 2/3 halflings and gnomes and 1/3 dragons.

It's nice to have some cards to switch out our home-brewed ones with though.

Couple of points for me with no playtesting:

1. When we created 2nd edition we put a cap on movement at 10. There are plenty of models that should be able to go much faster than that (see nefsokar dustdevil, and really just about anything that flies) but we agreed for game purposes 10 was the cap. Especially when the SA mounted allows for an additional 4 inch charge at the end of it. So, my first item for issue is the movement given the dragon riders.

2. There are several spells and pieces fo equipment that we created that were similar to each other, but for the most part we tried our best to come up with something new for each faction. And believe me, I do know how difficult it can be to come up with something new for the 17-18th factions ... So, having said that, even though I know its a play on the LOTR Frodo getting the elven mail, I would have to argue against the Mithril armor in its current form.

3. Since there are only like 40 models in the game (out of 450+) and 90% of those 40 are in three factions (gnomes, reven goblins, and kargir goblins), I have a problem with 21 out of 24 models in the faction getting a free +1 DV. I think it needs to be a little more limited. I do understand the argument as to why considering they start with such low average DVs, but it just makes it look like it was done more to make them cheap horde like models and then give them a free boost. Example: When you consider the Border Guard with their Dodge bonus included in almost become Crusader Justicars for 10 points less each just seems a bit out of place.

4. I like the concept of the wind elemental, but I dont think it depicts "wind" well enough. I think it should be immune to about half of the tomes out there and probably immune to arrows too. Not sure if immune to ranged would be allowed, but if not, then I would add deflect/2 to get as high against arrows as possible. Using the discussion above, I think its movement should be bumped to a 10. I don't know if I see wind being disabling. Lastly, if it is going to have such a low DIS (Personally, I think it should be much higher) then I would at least give it Raider as I don't think anyone would have an easy time of holding wind in place.

Other opinions after an actual playtest.