• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Remembering that I am unfamiliar with the Warlord rules, all of that sounds reasonable to me, especially adding Roderick as an alternate warlord.

I currently have Roderic and Glitter and will be painting them soon, though I will be modifying it somewhat. I'll likely pick up others eventually, though I figure it will be awhile before Reaper adds it to the Bones list so I'll be picking up the metal ones.

I already have many of the halflings in metal, but only in singles. I was a little disappointed that of the "Little People" offered as part of the KS, most of them were gnomes. Hopefully the halflings will be added to the Bones list in the next batch of conversions . . . In the mean time, metal it is.

Anyway, I'll be picking up the Savage North book in about a week and then will get one of my miniatures gaming friends to play a game or two, or three, or . . . 

Finally, as ObsidianCrane mentioned, I'm interested in anything the experienced Warlord Plays might have to add to what Obsidian has put forth above.

#32 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

I can't find figure #02109 in the Reaper Store. Has the figure has been removed from production?

#33 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I also can't find figure #02676 but there is a figure #3584 which could be used in its place.

#34 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2847 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Lilith is simply 02676 Female Halfling Thief

02109 is Puck Pickerdale.

Just put "Halfling" in the search and they all come up. :)
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#35 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hmm, I thought I had done that. I'll check again.

#36 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Nope, not seeing them. I even entered the numbers directly and get nothing.

#37 Suden

Suden

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1151 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Odd that you can't get the two halflings, I just found them both. The Reaper store search function is a little fussy though. For instance it won't find matches for two letter words, making the learn to paint kits particularly hard to find. It may be an obvious thing, but did you check the second page when you searched for halfling? They both came up on the second page of search results. Also, quotes around halfling won't work, nor will halflings, it's halfling or nothing. You can also search by number, for format, 2109 and 02109 both work, but #02109 with the pound sign did not.

#38 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

I used the numbers, 2109, 02109, 2676, and 02676 with no result, but I'll assume operator error on my part as I have from at least two people that they are there. :-)

Edit: I figured it out! It's an issue with the Figure Finder! If you use the search function in the store it pulls up 2109 just fine. (The clue was Suden's reference to the "second page".) The Figure Finder must use a different search algorithm then the store's search function.

Edited by Maredudd, 01 July 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#39 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2847 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Oh I only ever use the search function on the front page. :)

/puts thread back on rails
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#40 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

You might also try Miniature Giants search engine as it tends to be a little less quirkie.  http://www.miniature...race-c-198.html

• Maredudd likes this
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#41 Maredudd

Maredudd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

You might also try Miniature Giants search engine as it tends to be a little less quirkie.  http://www.miniature...race-c-198.html

Thanks!

#42 Notsonoble

Notsonoble

• Bones Supporter
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Just found this... And see some interesting ways to "WTF?" my newly rising warlord group with it. We'll get some regular games in before I drop this on them. 

#43 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

I haven't played much Warlord since the Savage North came out. Just prefered the older version more, although I do like the new magic system over the old. Anyway, we played a few games and the faction doesn't seem to have any real weaknesses. I think that it has great horde potential. I took the warlord, a totem and the caster with bless and maxed out the troop with 14 point skirmishers. Then two troops with the cheap sgt and max of skirmishers. Then three cheap sgt with max dogs. Sometimes a caster to pull guys out of the ground or down to earth. Generally there were about 50 soldiers with 3-1 attacks and 8 or 10 DV, but with the totem, Warlord, Faction stuff, bless most would end up 5 or 6-1 with 10 or 12 DV. Then there was a spy and tactician. So, seven cards and bury one. Initiative was generall on my side. Sometimes I'd even take fewer soldiers per troop and get close to ten cards in a 1000 points. Sure lots of models get lost, But with disable on 25 fast models that have one strong hit and rush. You disable a lot. Then the 14 soldiers have two tracks, a decent DV and a bunch get through the pelting of arrows and magic. The are short and have swift or whatever so they are in and then out and often short enough to hide. They also have cleave and the warlords group if blessed are cleaving at +3. Then if the warlords big lighteng spells get off it can be pretty ugly. I also used the David and Melantha for my sgts in one game I lost a couple soldiers and had slightly smaller troops but ended up with one more troop and some range. I'm not a huge range guy but a little bit to just irritate your opponent is nice.

I also ran a list with Lem, Harry and biff and a bunch of the dragons, and the Storm elemental. It was pretty nasty too,  the dragons are super fast and with first strike and rush and totem and bless. They can mess stuff up fast. Then with 6 or 7 opportunities to do chain lightning. I'm not a magic guy but this was a fun fast list.

Personally, I think the dogs should be swapped for baby dragons, it would just fit better. Not fliers or changes to the card. You could use the hatchlings or baby dragons.

Edited by rgtriplec, 18 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

• herzogbrian likes this
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users