I am moving!

cerebro1974

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the career move! The change in landscape/scenery is going to be pretty drastic! :lol:

Conrats on the new job and the move. I go to Spokane for work 3-4 times a year. If you enjoy nature, there is a lot to do without a huge drive. ID has some beautiful mountains and lakes just outside of the state and Montana is close as well.

I'm south of you in Portland.

Congrats on the career move! The change in landscape/scenery is going to be pretty drastic! :lol:

Conrats on the new job and the move. I go to Spokane for work 3-4 times a year. If you enjoy nature, there is a lot to do without a huge drive. ID has some beautiful mountains and lakes just outside of the state and Montana is close as well.

Mt Rainier and the Pacific coast are a little closer. Rainier and the mountain lakes are gorgeous. :;):

Tacoma is a decent city with a couple cool museums, and they used to have a very nice game store or two, but I'll have to check my notes. If all else fails, you're a half hour (or two hours, depending on traffic), from Seattle, where you can bother WotC, and Privateer, and loads of game stores in the University district. Seattle has great big gobs of things to do.

And Tacoma totally isn't the Armpit of the Northwest, despite what people may tell you.

Thanks all, I am very excited. One more week and I head out that way! I may have already found a house as well that the family really seems to love, I can't wait for the walk through!

Gaming stores are going to be a big boon for me, since I have a 4 hour drive to Denver or a 3 hour drive to Fort Collins currently to get anything!

Can't wait to set up a new spot to paint and mould at!

I actually did the reverse, I moved from Issaquah WA to far NW Missouri back in 1990. I miss the Great Pacific Northwest, I have only been back a few times in the last 20 years. Tacoma was a more urban and lower average income area, but still has a lot more to offer for me in terms of environment & outdoor activities than the Mid-West. I always did like the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, I hope it is still nice.